Brewer Fanatic

Setting the Rotation After the AS Break

pebadger
Do you set it up for matchups on the road series coming right out of the break? Do you continue the rotation as it sits right now? Do you reset it based on who you think is your 1 thru 5? Do you worry about how ZG will feel about his spot if you put him at 4? Discuss.

I would like Greinke to have about a 9 day rest, so putting him in that 4 hole works for me....ZG is just confusing the crud out of me.....can anyone check to see any statistical seasons like Greinke is putting up? 74 innings/ 15 walks/ 102 k's with a 6 ERA is just weird.

I would like Greinke to have about a 9 day rest, so putting him in that 4 hole works for me....ZG is just confusing the crud out of me.....can anyone check to see any statistical seasons like Greinke is putting up? 74 innings/ 15 walks/ 102 k's with a 6 ERA is just weird.
I've scoured baseball-reference and I haven't found anything from a starter over the course of a whole season that is even mildly similar to Greinke.

Roenicke already said Yo is pitching the first game and he'll probably get the rotation how it is, except for possibly flipping 2 people. I bet he'll just flip Wolf with Narveson. So then it's Gallardo, Wolf, Greinke, Marcum, Narveson coming out of the break.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

His K & BB rates are pretty close to Pedro's 2000 & 2001 seasons. Greinke's HR/9 & LOB% are the two stats that show where the ERA comes from. I still have faith he's going to get on a streak where he's just untouchable, & reel in the ERA.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

His K & BB rates are pretty close to Pedro's 2000 & 2001 seasons. Greinke's HR/9 & LOB% are the two stats that show where the ERA comes from. I still have faith he's going to get on a streak where he's just untouchable, & reel in the ERA.

I hope so, but it's crazy how similar many of his starts have been. I know it's a relatively small sample, but he has a .680 OPS against with nobody on base. Besides all the home runs he's given up, what by far has killed him the most is that for whatever reason, his mistake pitches have tended to be with runners on base. So frustrating. He'll be looking great and then with say two outs in an inning, he allows a few runners on and then leaves a pitch over the plate that gets smoked, bam, in come multiple runs. Then the next inning he'll strikeout the side.

I've never been more frustrated and confused by a Brewers pitcher. I'd like to believe that he'll go on some great stretch as you said, but i've been thinking that same thing for awhile now and it just never happens.

I hope so, but it's crazy how similar many of his starts have been. I know it's a relatively small sample, but he has a .680 OPS against with nobody on base. Besides all the home runs he's given up, what by far has killed him the most is that for whatever reason, his mistake pitches have tended to be with runners on base. So frustrating.
Plus, it seems like every mistake pitch gets hammered. I mean, the stats may or may not back it up, but it really seems like nobody ever "just misses" one of his mistakes.

Archived