Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park roof hotline

ilovebeer
I was watching a game a couple weeks ago and several camera angles while Brian and Bill were talking about the severe weather seemed to show water pouring from sections of the roof. Is that still an issue? I just remember the embarrassment of All-Star weekend, the first embarrassment, during the HR Derby when they showed water pouring onto the field.
Well, the roof is not airtight. I don't think it was designed to be. The events that lead to water coming in despite a closed roof seem to be mostly if not always heavy, wind-blown rain events (like you'd get in a severe thunderstorm). At least the 2002 Home Run Derby wasn't cancelled or rain-delayed.

Also, yeah, the roof was open for all of Sunday's game...and good thing, otherwise it would have been a sauna. Based on how the radar looked when we left Madison at 9:00 AM, I wouldn't have been surprised by a closed roof, though. I'm guessing the line of storms that had been northwest of Madison did not hold together.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived