Brewer Fanatic

Ballpark trip: Arlington and Houston

Brewcrazed
Hey this is my first post on the forum. I have a goal of getting to all 30 ballparks. I am going to Houston and Texas Rangers this year. Any ideas of what are must see and must eat things while I am at these two parks??? Any suggestions of ways to make the experience better? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, and welcome aboard. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't have any suggestions, but I know that there are people around here who can offer some.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If you're seeing the Brewers on the road, I suggest you pretend you are an Astro fan. It will be more fun to watch your team win.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I went to a Rangers game in Arlington last April (2010) and it was probably my favorite ballpark I have attended. It's a well built park and from what I could see pretty much every seat has a very good view of the field.

I'm not sure if the field has much of a ventilation system though. In late April it was a gorgeous 75'F at the time of the first pitch, but it's not uncommon to see temperatures touching 100'F down there during the middle of the summer.

I went to Minute Maid myself this year (Loss). But I'd try for a night game when the roof "might" be open and you can get some breeze, Houstonians love their AC. Also, check out the bar "La Carafe" after the game. It is in the oldest building in Houston, and is only a few blocks from the stadium. After that, my advice is to get out of Texas! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I live 15 min from Arlington, and am currently having a completely miserable day because by A/C went out and they can't get here to fix it until tomorrow. I'd advise making an early season trip there if possible because the heat is complete murder. You're in a confined space with tons of people around you and no air circulation in 105 degree heat. If it's in the summer, wear breathable shorts and a t-shirt, or you'll have an uncomfortable sweaty butt and pits. The stadium is very nice, and has always struck me as being close to Miller Park without a roof, I just never go mid-season.

The Dallas Fort Worth metroplex has great food!

* too many Tex-Mex joints to mention but a brisket -taco is a must

* BBQ....try the famous Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse in Dallas ....kind of %%@$#%-in-the-wall joint but it's outstanding

* I'm a big fan of Chef Tim Love (may of seen him as on "Iron Chef" where he whopped Bobby Flay) ....Love owns two restaurants in the Fort Worth Stockyards district: "Lonesome Dove Western Bistro" ....lots of variety including traditional Texas BBQ ...and boar, elk, etc ....and "The Love Shack," a classic burger joint

and has always struck me as being close to Miller Park without a roof,

I know someone who used to work in baseball, and he told me the stadiums were built on the same basic design. Miller was the last park built on that design, and I believe whatever they call the White Sox stadium these days was the first one built on that design.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived