Brewer Fanatic

Recommended Campgrounds Near Minocqua

Dmiles23
A couple of my friends and I have decided we would like to go camping in a few weeks. We have picked out the Minocqua area as the place we would like to go. One place was recommended to us, but it was already full. Does anyone else have any campgrounds in that area they would recommend? A couple things we would be looking for in a campground would be: On a lake, hiking trails, and canoe rental. We will be tent camping, so a tent area would be preferred. Thanks a lot!

Its been a about 5 years since I've been there, but Sailor Lake in the Chequamegon National Forest is a pretty good campground, although I don't think they have any canoe rentals.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

We have a cabin on Buffalo Lake, right off County Road J. It's about 10 minutes east of the downtown Minocqua area, and also near Saint Germain. The lake is quite peaceful, not much traffic. There is a nice campsite on the eastside of the lake with trails around the north end. I believe they do have canoe rentals there but I'm not positive.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

http://www.idlehourresort.com/

We've been going here for the past 14 or so years. It's about 15 minutes outside Minocqua. It's actually a little resort on the lake with about 14 cabins. The cabins are usually booked up ahead of time but there is an area where people set up campers or tents for a few days. If you contact the owners, you might be able to set something up. As I mentioned, it's on a lake and the place usually provides free row boats to the cabins and would probably allow campers to use them too. They have set activities throughout the week, mainly a softball game Mondays and a big horseshoe tournament Tuesdays that is probably the highlight. There's also a little bar right in the middle of all the cabins that everyone usually hangs out in at night. It's my week actually from 7/23 to 7/30 so I'll be up there in a few weeks. My group has about half the cabins and then the other ones are taken by the same people who have been going up there for the past 10-15 years.

This place is down the road from where I stay. It's a little more upscale but they have actual camping sites listed. They have a really nice lodge/bar/restaurant and really good pizza too. I'm not sure if they are booked or not but you could call and ask.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived