Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to have 3 All Star Startersâ?¦ Latest: Braun won't be playing

Knew it wouldn't happen, but it would have been nice to see Central Wisconsin's own Jordan Zimmerman make it to the game as the Nats lone representative. Thought he had a chance coming out of Point, and then when he was great in AA it seemed like just a matter of time. But didn't expect him to pitch as well as he is now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the first time in franchise history we have had 3 AS starters

Hmmm...why do I remember just about the entire infield being Brewers during one of the early 80's AS games? Molitor, Yount, and Cooper (and/or possibly Gantner), but I think one of them may have been starting in place of an injured player.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Weeks, Fielder, Braun. Back in the days when they were all minor league prospects, this is part of what we all hoped for, wished for dreamed about, and it helped us get through some brutal seasons as we pondered a better Brewers future.

Great to see 2 of the 3 signed long-term. Great to see Weeks healthy and living up to his potential.

Now I'm hoping the Brewers can translate that great nucleus with some playoff appearances and wins....

It's the first time in franchise history we have had 3 AS starters

Hmmm...why do I remember just about the entire infield being Brewers during one of the early 80's AS games? Molitor, Yount, and Cooper (and/or possibly Gantner), but I think one of them may have been starting in place of an injured player.

Yea I should have qualified it as the first time 3 Brewers have been elected as starters.

Also just heard Bill say Braun and Prince were 1 and 2 in total votes in the NL. Awesome job Brewers fans!

It looks like 2 pitchers will be added to each side due to scheduled Sunday starts. If they want to add a reliever I think Axford is definitely next in line. Marcum probably isn't though, behind Tommy Hanson for sure.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

We've come a long way since those years where we had one reserve just because each team had to have a player.
I was just saying this to my wife.

I know the All-Star Game is just an exhibition and not all the players are really deserving, but I still love seeing Brewers in it. When I was a kid, we'd almost always just get one player in the All-Star Game and it would usually be some pitcher like Ricky Bones. The highlight of the game for me was usually just seeing the Brewer player in the pre-game introductions. I just loved seeing the uniform of my favorite team on national TV. I'd then stay up all night just waiting for the reserve player to maybe get one AB or pitch to one batter. Half the time, that never happened.

It's really great seeing three starters and maybe another one or two players (about to find out). Makes me feel like a kid again.

Yeah. I'm still upset 19 years later that LaRussa refused to get the Cobra an at bat. Probably sour grapes from him leaving via free agency. Very unclassy move.

Andrew McCutchen wins snub of the year. He's hitting just a couple points under .300/.400/.500/.900 with solid defense in center field.
Yeah...though Joel Hanrahan probably deserves to be the Pirates' de facto representative this year. If McCutchen played for a higher profile team, he'd be in.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

One of the comments on MLB.com:

And while semi-supporting the Brewers, a Classies fan had a typical Classies comment, responding to someone freaking out about the lack of Reds in the starting lineup: "chill out dude...i would much rather have weeks playing then phillips cuz of his attitude towards teh game."

that poster does realize that s/he stated s/he wants phillips to come in as a substitute after weeks has played, right?

I'm just so happy that Weeks made it. Rickie is one of those "come-in-early-stay-late-players" that I love. He really has improved, although we weren't always convinced he would. Nice job Rickie! Bravo!

Congrats folks. Good looking lineup of players.

I of course think Phillips should have been the 2b starter, but then again Bruce is a questionable choice overall. Just shows what a hot month will do.

Well, I'd guess that at this point Braun will be an "elected to start but not playing due to injury" kind of introduction at Chase Field next week.

Darn it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

That's a bummer, but I think it's prudent. I'd rather have a 100% (or reasonably near) Ryan during the second half.

Also, it's nice for Andrew McCutchen to get an opportunity. Maybe Pirate Nation will dial down their hatred for Braun a few ticks.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived