Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to have 3 All Star Startersâ?¦ Latest: Braun won't be playing

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna take a wild guess, but that has to be a franchise record.

Would be mighty sad if this team can't make the postseason with three all-star starters and probably another reserve (Axford).

We've come a long way since those years where we had one reserve just because each team had to have a player.
I was just saying this to my wife.

I know the All-Star Game is just an exhibition and not all the players are really deserving, but I still love seeing Brewers in it. When I was a kid, we'd almost always just get one player in the All-Star Game and it would usually be some pitcher like Ricky Bones. The highlight of the game for me was usually just seeing the Brewer player in the pre-game introductions. I just loved seeing the uniform of my favorite team on national TV. I'd then stay up all night just waiting for the reserve player to maybe get one AB or pitch to one batter. Half the time, that never happened.

It's really great seeing three starters and maybe another one or two players (about to find out). Makes me feel like a kid again.

I hate how managers can take their own players. Like Ron Washington taking Wilson over CC or Bochy taking Lincecum & Cain & Vogelsong. Not that any don't deserve it but it just seems like managers always do this. oh well, I guess that is the reward for taking your team to the series. plus still injuries and stuff to be announced so still a shot for both Marcum and Ax.

NL Central fans are PISSED about three Brewers getting voted in as starters. One of the comments on MLB.com (no, I don't know why I'm reading comments), likely from a Reds fan: "the brewers had a team of interns sit in a room and vote for hours every day. this is a sham"

And while semi-supporting the Brewers, a Classies fan had a typical Classies comment, responding to someone freaking out about the lack of Reds in the starting lineup: "chill out dude...i would much rather have weeks playing then phillips cuz of his attitude towards teh game."

NL Central fans are PISSED about three Brewers getting voted in as starters. One of the comments on MLB.com (no, I don't know why I'm reading comments), likely from a Reds fan: "the brewers had a team of interns sit in a room and vote for hours every day. this is a sham"

This from the same organization that stuffed the ballot boxes and got all Cincinnati Reds elected to the starting lineup in 1957. link for those that don't know about this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I get annoyed at managers taking their own guys, but this year I think the Giants and Rangers picks were pretty solid.

Both Wilson and Vogelsong have had really good years. But to leave CC or Haren off in the AL, and Tommy Hanson in the NL is really really tough

All hitters in the final votes. No Brewers.
Yeah, didn't expect any if it was going to be all hitters. The only one with a remote chance would have been Lucroy, but he fell off too much for a couple weeks. NL catchers are actually pretty strong overall.

All hitters in the final votes. No Brewers.

I guess it makes sense to have all hitters. Pitchers will have a chance to make the team because of that Sunday starter rule. Hopefully Marcum or Axford can find their way onto the team, but i doubt it. Oh well, I'm still happy with three starters.

And while semi-supporting the Brewers, a Classies fan had a typical Classies comment, responding to someone freaking out about the lack of Reds in the starting lineup: "chill out dude...i would much rather have weeks playing then phillips cuz of his attitude towards teh game."

Weeks is 1st among NL 2B in WAR.

Fielder is 1st among NL 1B in WAR.

Braun is 4th among NL OF in WAR.

Morons.

Archived