Brewer Fanatic

Fielder captain of NL team in HR Derby [Latest: Picks Kemp, Holliday, Weeks]

Agree on the veterans. It would be nice if certain players would admit at the beginning of the year they won't play so they stay off the ballot.

Jeter supposedly has been having some mental stress and supposedly even told Bud Selig about it, so I kind of give him a pass. Selig even said publicly today that he agreed with Jeter's decision. I think the hoopla over the 3000 hit thing may have put a lot of pressure on him.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last night was basically just a chance for the horrendous D-Back fan base to embarrass themselves by booing Fielder in front of his kids....I have a new team and fanbase to root against
Agreed on this.. And they booed Rickie as well.. Did Rickie pick Rickie?

The whole Derby was dull and full of sour grapes.

It would have been fun if Braun was healthy...

Last night was basically just a chance for the horrendous D-Back fan base to embarrass themselves by booing Fielder in front of his kids....I have a new team and fanbase to root against
Yeah, I wonder how many Derby attendees are fan enough to return to Chase Field next week for more baseball.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Derby is something fun to put on during a slow summer night, but there's no need for it to be 3+ hours. Trim the field from 8 to 6, take the top 3 for the Finals, and only allow 5 outs in the Finals and I bet you can trim it down by 30-45 minutes.

I do like the "team captain" idea, though, and the players seemed to have fun with it. It's just disappointing that the atmosphere was so down in Arizona, and not just for the Derby but for the game itself. I can understand booing division rivals like the Dodgers and Giants during pre-game intros (and even the Yankees), but there were very few times where they would cheer for something. I honestly can't remember too much about the 2002 game in Milwaukee, but I do remember the fans at least enjoying the game and all the stars on the field, even if it meant cheering for Sammy Sosa for a night.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Ah yes...A new fanbase to loathe. What a bunch of ridiculous morons. Sorry your player wasn't chosen, but to boo Prince when his little sons are there, let alone throw water bottles at his family shows an astounding lack of class.

Here's to a little revenge next week with a 4 game sweep.

yeah, I'm not excited about some of the local fans when we go to all 4 games next week. I expect some ribbing. Question is will it be all in good fun or will some weirdos be getting in my grill? Actually tempted to make a sign to hold up: "These AZ fans LOVE U Prince!" or something like that.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived