Brewer Fanatic

Position player (Kotsay/Wilson?) leaving when Saito returns; Latest -- Nope, it's Dillard (Optioned)

Only thing is McGehee adds really nothing off the bench at all. Little defense, limited positions, no real offense at this point. It's a risk with Green, but McGehee is killing the Crew right now. Green wouldn't be facing LHP all that much anyways.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But we want McGehee getting regular playing time. Ideally McGehee gets his 09-10 magic back. He probably won't do that as a platoon mate.

Hmm...I don't know, I'd re-word that "we" aspect of it.

I've never had confidence in McGehee. Of course....I have and have had very little in Hart as well. So I won't pretend to get it right everytime as I'd have traded both of them this off-season, even in a "go for it," type of season, but I think most who follow the crew would disagree with your statement right there.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

but I think most who follow the crew would disagree with your statement right there.

Not me. I would definitely agree with sending Casey down to get regular at bats as opposed to being the short end of a platoon. I'd like him to have every opportunity to get back on track as long as it doesn't continue to hurt the big club.

So with Kotsay getting his 100,000 dollar bonus today, odds look to be that his washed up bat will be with us the rest of the season?
Don't forget his washed up glove!

Did he get his bonus at 12:00 AM today or is it 12:00 AM tomorrow? Either way, I don't see them releasing him. Giving Kotsay another $100,000 makes about as much sense as giving the Chorizo a $100,000 bonus for losing another sausage race...

This organization is starting to piss me off. They're loyal to a fault. Keeping struggling players on the team and in the lineup (McGehee, Kotsay, Betancourt) when they should be on the bench or off the team.

You have Green and Gamel tearing the cover off the ball in Nashville and they keep running these underachieving jokers out there. Do they want to win games or worry about hurting people's feelings? This is the major leagues, grow a pair.

they should have either used GAMEL OR SENT HIM DOWN ALREADY.This is enough there are many choices to be sent down on this team.

What are you talking about? Gamel has played in every game but one since he's been called up. I don't understand why you have now twice stated the Brewers should either play/use Gamel or send him down. They are playing him.

Follow me on Twitter

I was a bit taken aback by Gamel sitting in favor of McGehee tonight. If Gamel is going to be our everyday 1b next year, he's going to be playing against LHP as well as RHP, and at this point I'd much rather have Gamel in the lineup vs any kind of pitcher than McGehee vs anything but a batting tee.

Anyone else wonder if RR was hoping Betancourt's jammed finger would land him a DL spot?
I don't know about Roenicke, but I know that is what I was hoping for.

As for Gamel, I assume since RHP are on the mound today and Sunday that he will play for 1B or DH in both of those games before going back to Nashville.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

We're at the point in the season where major league roster decisions need to be based solely on what helps the major league team, regardless of player development. If they were still 3-4 games up, I may have waited a bit longer. I would DFA both Kotsay and Wilson, activate Saito and bring up Brett Carroll. Gamel would become #1 lefty hitter off bench and Carroll would be #1 righthanded hitter off bench. Both would be improvements over Kotsay and Wilson. At some point, if McGehee doesn't pick it up, then I switch out Green for Gamel, because Green would have value in the field and still be able to PH when he's not playing.

My guess is all they will do is activate Saito and send Gamel back down.

No word yet? Why do I get the feeling that this move will cause more agita here than a bad game result?
If it just ends up being Dillard or Estrada or Wilson, that will be kind of disappointing. If it's Gamel, that will piss everyone off because he should be DH'ing the next two games. If it's Kotsay or McGehee or even Betancourt DL by some off chance then people will be happy. If it's Gomez or Counsell, it might be a mixed bag reaction. That about sums it up. So the typical Melvin/Roenicke move here will be to either send Gamel down or send Dillard/Estrada down.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Yeah, there are lots of moves that COULD make people happy. I'm just guessing that won't be the case. It's not a rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic situation. Far from it. But at some point I'll wonder what "all-in" means to the Brewers.

But at some point I'll wonder what "all-in" means to the Brewers.

Probably the same thing it means to you or I, to play the players that give us the best chance to win now...they have just been dead wrong about who those players are to this point IMO.

Archived