Brewer Fanatic

MiLB June Player of the Month: You make the call

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ok, its a little early this month, but I'm going on vacation. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

DSL:

Pitcher: Gian Rizzo: 20 IP, 1.80 ERA, 9.9K/9 and 2.3BB/9. I know very little about the DSL, so mainly picking out stats that look good...

Batter: Orlando Arcia: Um... DUH! A 16 year old putting up 329/438/506/944 at SS. Though, Yonki Hernandez, a 20 year-old CF did well also.

Arizona:

Pitcher: Michael Schaub: Pretty limited on innings here, but 12Ks and 3 BB in 9IP, 2.00 ERA and WHIP of 0.889. Manual Ruiz looked "interesting," too: 8K and 7BB in 21 BF (3.2 IP).

Batter: Ruben Ozuna: A couple guys have slightly better stats, but are 3-4 years older and have less at-bats than the 19 year-old CF putting up 375/412/688/1099 in 35 PAs.

Helena:

Pitcher: Alex Jones: Again, very limited innings, but 10K, 0BB in 7.1IP and no runs allowed. At 24, probably won't stay there long.

Batter: Yadiel Rivera: Again, three 21+ catchers have better numbers in less ABs, but how about 300/300/575/875 for the 19 year-old SS? I won't gripe about the lack of walks, since its 40 ABs, but...

Wisconsin:

Pitcher: Tyler Thornburg: Since Ross and Thornburg were promoted, MILB.com, doesn't show their June splits in Wisconsin, but Thornburg has been tearing it up all year. 3rd best ERA in the minor leagues.

Batter: TJ Mittelstaedt: Mr. Everywhere defensively (including pitching) hit a very sweet 358/463/597/1060 in June. That sure snuck up on me...

Brevard:

Pitcher: Santo Manzanillo: Nearly untouchable, 1ER, 11K, 3BB in 13IP. Hiram Burgos looked good too.

Batter:

Brock Kjeldgaard: 2 months in a row! Khris Davis (356/466/548/1014) was lights out also, but BK topped 700 slugging for June and barely edges KD out for the second straight month (306/407/722/1129). Nice to see Gennett and Kentrail Davis bounce back from a poor month of May.

Huntsville:

Pitcher: Michael Fiers: I had the same problem comparing Dan Meadows splits after his promotion (obviously had a nice June). But I would appreciate if the Brewers just let Fiers pitch as a starter until he fails at some level, then let him go to the pen. Back to starting in June: 2.78 ERA, and 24k/1BB in 22.2 IP. Yes, that was 1 BB.

Batter: Martin Maldonado: Definitely needs work on consistency, but he showed that he has hitting ability. And coupled with his defense make him a very interesting catcher to follow. Probably should be at AAA. 429/492/500/992 for June.

Nashville:

Pitcher:

Mark Andrew DiFelice: Close race for all the wrong reasons. Rivas and De La Cruz pitched well, but cruddy peripherals. DeFelice edges out Sean Green, since he made the majors again. 3 ER, 13K, and 2BB in 13 IP in June.

Batter: G&G boys: I couldn't pick between Mat the Batt at 347/383/703/1086 and Taylor Green at 404/427/708/1135 in June. Wow! Throw in Gindl and George (Kotteras) and G's were wild in Nashville this month!

Overall:

Pitcher:

Tyler Thornburg - finally got that promotion he richly deserved and kept on pounding it. Sadly, he didn't have much competition...

Batter:

Gamel or Green... Green or Gamel... Tied for AAA batter, but too much of a cop-out to do that here. I'll pick Mat Gamel by a nose, based on his promotion to the bigs (granted, I'd love to see both up there...).

Pitcher: Thornburg

Hitter: Kjelgaard

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Long posts are best drafted in a word doc.

Yeah, coulda-woulda-shoulda. Hopefully I learned my lesson now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Fiers and Maldonado made me look good for picking them last night.

Fiers went 6IP with 1H, 0R and 9Ks last night, so he is now at 2.20 ERA, 33K, 3BB and .179 BAA in 28.2 IP (But he tripled his walks, so...)

Maldonado went 3-5 with a HR and 2 RBI, which puts him at: 443/500/557/1057

Wow, both need to be at AAA...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived