Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wed. 6/29 -- Timber Rattlers win in Miller Park (UPDATED -- Video Highlights)

I went to the Rattlers game at Miller Park last night, and I tweeted Toby before the game and he asked for scouting reports on Brooks Hall and Joseph Paciorek. Unfortunately Paciorek didn't play so I don't have anything on him, but I did get a chance to get a feel for Brooks Hall, and let me tell you that I wasn't impressed. He had a lot of trouble missing bats and ended up pitching to contact the whole game. That's ok if you are getting ground balls and weakly hit fly balls, but there were a lot of loud, long outs in the game. Several fly balls made the warning track. If he serves up the pitches he did last night to AA or more advanced hitters, he would have gotten shelled. The good news is that he did touch 93 mph on a few of his fastballs, but he mostly sat in the 89-90 range. He got nailed by a come backer to the pitcher in the 6th inning, but he seemed ok after the trainer came out. He got the next better out, and then was taken out of the game for a reliever so hopefully he wasn't severely injured.

One thing last night I was impressed with was the power of Greg Hopkins. I don't see him on the current Power 50 so I'm not sure what kind of a prospect he is, but he looks decent. They had him batting cleanup last night, so he must have some potential.

Another note from last night was that Walker looks like a really good hitter, but his defense at 3B was really shotty. He didn't have any errors, but he missed a few plays that good 3B would have made. He definitely has some work to do if he wants to stick at 3B.

If you guys want to know how anyone else looked, let me know and I'll try and give you my synopsis.

Hall's K rate is so bad he just can't have any kind of an out pitch at all, so his success is a tad mystifying.

Does his FB have good run and/or sink to it? Does he mix his pitches well? Could you tell what he was throwing pitch wise?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Hall's K rate is so bad he just can't have any kind of an out pitch at all, so his success is a tad mystifying.

Does his FB have good run and/or sink to it? Does he mix his pitches well? Could you tell what he was throwing pitch wise?

Yeah his fastball had good life on it. He seemed to throw a ton of fastballs not going to his offspeed stuff very often. He rarely got into a deep count with the hitters because he attacked the strike zone so much. He won't get away with that at the higher levels though. It looked like he had a slider and a changeup has his secondary pitches, but neither seemed like plus pitches. Hopefully he can develop them a little better or we aren't looking at much of a prospect here.

Archived