Brewer Fanatic

National League MVP 2011: Braun = MVP! (reply #318)

jjfanec
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun earned the MVP on Tuesday, receiving 20 of 32 first-place votes
and 388 points in voting announced by the Baseball Writers' Association
of America.

Los Angeles center fielder Matt Kemp, who came close to winning the Triple Crown, received 10 first-place votes and finished with 332 points. Braun's teammate Prince Fielder finished third with 229 points, and Arizona's Justin Upton finished fourth with 214 points.

Good for Braun. Normally my excitement would be reserved for a Brewer winning the Cy or the MVP due to the (potential) increase in cost of keeping the guy around, but with Braun that obviously isn't a problem.

Let's take a minute to remember just how awesome Braun was this season:

Stat (NL Rank)

wRC+: 179 (1)

wOBA: .433 (1)

SLG: .597 (1)

OBP: .397 (5)

AVG: .332 (2)

SB: 33 (7)

RBI: 111 (4)

R: 109 (2)

HR: 33 (6)

H: 187 (5)

http://bbwaa.com/

Linke to Baseball Writers Association which shows the vote totals. John Axford got a couple votes as well. Like I mentioned in the other thread some moron voter only gave Fielder a 10th place vote; some writer must have a vendetta against him.

I bet the guy who voted him 10th voted Upton #1.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
http://bbwaa.com/

Linke to Baseball Writers Association which shows the vote totals. John Axford got a couple votes as well. Like I mentioned in the other thread some moron voter only gave Fielder a 10th place vote; some writer must have a vendetta against him.

I bet the guy who voted him 10th voted Upton #1.

I don't know HOW a writer was able to justify voting Upton #1. Voting privileges should be denied.

I don't think a #10 vote for Fielder is too bad if pitchers are included. I think there would be justification to putting any of the following ahead of Prince: Kemp, Braun, Upton, Votto, Tulo, Reyes, Halladay, Kershaw, Lee. Personally though, I'd have slotted him in 5th or 6th and I'm a guy who really values defense.

I was in my last year of graduate school the last time there was a Brewers MVP. I remember where I was when I heard the news. Wow.

Congratulations, Ryan. I'm happy to behold your work.

Currently in my first year of graduate school, albeit round two of graduate school, which will make easy to always remember that I was at the library when I found out about Braunie.

Go Crew!

Archived