Brewer Fanatic

DiFelice optioned to AAA; Latest-- Mitre DFA'd, James outrighted off 40-man roster; Braddock and Mat The Batt recalled; 40-man at 36

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One reason for the holes in the 40 man roster would be if we were about to sign a couple more people. First round college pitchers like major league deals, and we just drafted two of them. Are we going that route?

One reason for the holes in the 40 man roster would be if we were about to sign a couple more people. First round college pitchers like major league deals, and we just drafted two of them. Are we going that route?
That's an interesting thought. Not sure if Melvin would do that, but we'll see I guess. There has to be some logical explanation for it. I'm hoping that he's leaving space for some trades.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I'm just glad to see that Braddock has apparently sorted out his sleep/tardiness issues. Also excited to see Gamel up, even if he is just primarily a DH-sub for Prince and power bat off the bench.

I am happy Gamel is up as well, but I doubt he stays up after the Twins series. I wouldn't want him to waste away on the bench for the remainder of the year. I would rather he get his ABs in Nashville this year so he is primed to be our starting first baseman next year. We have already see what a stint on the pine at the big league level did to Gamel when Macha was here.

The Brewers have gotten multiple calls on Mitre according to mlbtraderumors so he's gone. All because we have to make sure to pay Kotsay another $100K.

I just checked MLBTR and found nothing that said they were geting offers or anything of the sort, do you have a link?

The Brewers have gotten multiple calls on Mitre according to mlbtraderumors so he's gone. All because we have to make sure to pay Kotsay another $100K.

I just checked MLBTR and found nothing that said they were geting offers or anything of the sort, do you have a link?

It comes from Tim Dierkes twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/timdierkes/status/85520156574486528

This is based on nothing but my own interpretation of the transactions, but I'm encouraged by the Gamel call-up. I don't think it's something Roenicke would have done, if the decision were left completely up to him. I just get the impression that he's fully impressed with what Kotsay has provided so far. I dunno, maybe I'm falling for his manager-speak & sticking up for his players' egos, but at no point this season have I felt like RRR wasn't thrilled with having the 'versatile' Kotsay on the team.

I'm encouraged because this *seems* like the first move that's more of a Melvin tweak to the roster. I hope some kind of fix for shortstop isn't far away.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think this has to be Braddock. Plus he's from N.J. so his family may be able to watch him play in person.

Does this mean he'll be able to sleep in his own bed?

Having the right pillow is very important for one's health.

Hopefully he's dealt for a reserve OF to replace Kotsay. Or a SS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

It's disappointing they only sent 1 player down. They need both Braddock and Gamel. If they want to keep my fandom, I can't handle another interleague series with Kotsay starting.

I'm very happy that I can continue my fandom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'm assuming they waited until this week to bring up Gamel, because this is the longest continuous stretch of games (6) where they need a DH, and thus could get by with 11 pitchers. Had they brought up Gamel to face Boston, he would have sat for the homestand, and they'd be short a pitcher in an NL park. Plus, Saito is poised to take the 12th pitching spot once the week is over. I don't think it has anything to do with Kotsay. Since the two losses to Boston were blowouts, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Once they no longer need a DH, I fully expect Gamel to return to Nashville because his only role would be as a PH.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm fully convinced that RockCoCougars has some pull with DM. And he didn't want Chris Dickerson to jack one off of Mitre in this series with the Yanks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

40 man roster - I don't know the ins and outs. But does the move have to be short-term related? Could they have made the James move now just because he isn't pitching that great and there is no threat of losing him?

In other words, if they kept him on the 40 man roster and he started pitching good and then they wanted to remove him from the 40 man would there have been a risk of losing him?

If he is off the 40 man and now starts pitching great, would there be any reason the Brewers would need to put him back on the 40 before the end of the season?

I don't think it has anything to do with Kotsay. Once they no longer need a DH, I fully expect Gamel to return to Nashville because his only role would be as a PH.

It has a little to do with Kotsay. If Kotsay wasn't useless there wouldn't be a need to add another bat. Kotsay's only role should be PH, so Gamel might have the opportunity to steal his role. 5 OFs is a luxory, not a necessity. Kotsay isn't really a pinch hitter anyway, he's only a pinch batter.

Archived