Brewer Fanatic

DiFelice optioned to AAA; Latest-- Mitre DFA'd, James outrighted off 40-man roster; Braddock and Mat The Batt recalled; 40-man at 36

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's true, the pen will be well rested. They could try and get by without a reliever and then call one up if they have a rough outing with Marcum on Wednesday. I would think they would want that extra lefty against the Yanks though. Wonder if Wilson could be sent down for the 10 days. Does he have options?

Has to be Braddock, right? The Yankees have a pretty balanced lineup of RHB, LHB, and switch hitters....and with that short porch in left I feel like you have to have a lefty in the pen to try and neutralize Cano, Granderson (although he's been KILLING LHP this year...pretty much killing everything), and I guess Gardner....along with getting switch hitters like Teixeira and Posada hitting from their worse side. Seems to make too much sense, although there's been quite a few things this year that made a lot of sense that the brewers haven't done....so who knows.

I'd just go ahead and do Gamel, Saito, and Braddock for DiFelice, Dillard, and Estrada.

Precisely. Saito's been ready for a while. Just that seems to have gotten Loe's attention. Bring one of the pitchers back in 10 days to get back to a 12 man staff.

Really, all of Gamel, Green, Braddock, and Saito should probably be called up at this point, but I realize shuffling that many guys in at once in unrealistic. I hope at least Braddock and Gamel get called up today. This team needs a lefty and another power bat against the Yankees.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's disappointing they only sent 1 player down. They need both Braddock and Gamel. If they want to keep my fandom, I can't handle another interleague series with Kotsay starting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'm thinking they will DFA/option someone at the back end of the bullpen for these next two series opting for the extra bat off the bench, then send Gamel back down and call up Saito. Mitre or Estrada maybe? In the meantime I will still hold out hope for a Kotsay DFA.

Really, all of Gamel, Green, Braddock, and Saito should probably be called up at this point, but I realize shuffling that many guys in at once in unrealistic. I hope at least Braddock and Gamel get called up today. This team needs a lefty and another power bat against the Yankees.

Yeah, one of the most frustrating things about the current Brewers(which, for the record is a short list this year) is that we have in house fixes to all of our issues save for SS.

Zach Braddock's a guy who could be a closer IMO, so he can damn sure be a full inning set up man and a whole lot more than a loogy. That's just mind boggling how he's used. Not that he's used exclusively as one, but he's not used as a guy of his talents should be. He should be our 2nd reliever...at least with Saito out. Loe's a nice guy to have, but he'd be a lot nicer as a 7th inning guy when you have a few right handers coming up, or to bring in if you need a GB, not exclusively as your 8th inning guy. He's done admirably, he's just not used correctly.

Right now we have two black holes in the lineup, and they're not what we thought they were going to be. Morgan's taken care of CF, but McGehee's proving to be a major detriment to this team. A black hole defensively as it was coming into the season, he's not hitting at all. Meanwhile we've got two guys who can play 3rd base in the minors, both hit left handed, and both are absolutely raking.

One of them struggles playing 3rd obviously in Gamel, but you're already playing Casey there and he can't play D or hit. But Green can do both.

So I understand not wanting to bring up Gamel as he's exclusively a 1st basemen now and we're kinda set at that position, but Taylor Green makes too much sense to bring up. At least platoon him, a soft platoon if you want to give Casey the benefit of the doubt and give Green 30 pct of the starts.

You've got a bench of Josh Wilson and Craig Counsell who are both nice players, but not exactly offensive juggernauts, Mark Kotsay who was a good player last in 2005. He's been worth about 2' wins BELOW replacement since then, Carlos Gomez, and then George Kottaras, a laughably bad defensive catcher, but brought up because he's a left handed stick. That's just ugly. 4 defensive players(I guess if that's what you want to call Kotsay) and then the one position you SHOULD have a defensive stalwart who doesn't hit is the one that you have up for his bat.

Gamel, Green, Saito, and Braddock for Kotsay, Wilson, Dillard. Then throw in a deadline trade to bring back an old familar face in Hardy, and he doesn't even have to hit .310, just what he was doing for us when he was sent packing, .230/.300 OBP with his D would be a monumental upgrade over what we've got now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I'm thinking they will DFA/option someone at the back end of the bullpen for these next two series opting for the extra bat off the bench, then send Gamel back down and call up Saito. Mitre or Estrada maybe? In the meantime I will still hold out hope for a Kotsay DFA.
And a Taylor Green callup.

It makes almost too much sense. Weeks/Morgan/Braun/Prince/Hart/Green/Lucroy/Betancourt...especially with our rotation is a very good lineup. Any wet bag with a glove hitting after Lucroy is even better.

I guess that I would prefer a Gamel call-up. Green has only been in Nashville a month. I think that Gamel could fill Kotsay's role (I don't know what benefit we get from having Kotsay on the roster) with the ability to also play some third. But I think if Gamel or Green get called up we would have to get rid of a position player. I don't think that we are going to go below 12 pitchers. I would like to see Saito and Braddock brought back with Dillard going back to AAA. Since you pretty much have to have a left-hander (you really need more than one) against the Yankees, we are just going to bring up Saito. I am not confused in this posting, we just don't really like to be logical.

EDIT- Green has played 67 games in AAA and 3 in AA. I don't know how I got things mixed up.

I guess that I would prefer a Gamel call-up. Green has only been in Nashville a month. I think that Gamel could fill Kotsay's role (I don't know what benefit we get from having Kotsay on the roster) with the ability to also play some third. But I think if Gamel or Green get called up we would have to get rid of a position player. I don't think that we are going to go below 12 pitchers. I would like to see Saito and Braddock brought back with Dillard going back to AAA. Since you pretty much have to have a left-hander (you really need more than one) against the Yankees, we are just going to bring up Saito. I am not confused in this posting, we just don't really like to be logical.
Calling Gamel up to DH for 6 games is smart, calling him up permanently is not. He needs to stay in AAA to get regular at-bats and more importantly play 1B. We need him to come in strong defensively at 1B next year. No way that Green gets called up this year, until maybe September. As much as people wanna see it, I just don't see it happening. I would guess that management wants him in AAA all year, and then next year in ST he can compete with McGehee if need be. Saito and Braddock will inevitably be back soon, if not for the Yankees series. Kotsay is useless, we all know that. Boggs should be on the roster as the 5th OF instead of him. He has pop, switch-hits, and can play better defense. We really need a power bat on the bench. Would've liked to see Branyan get picked up, but we all knew that wouldn't happen either.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Green has been in Nashville the entire year save for about a week.

Really have to save that Estrada option? And what is with the James move? And when Marcum can only go 4 innings then what? Ugh.

I don't understand your issue with this move. Pretty much what we had hoped for.

When Marcum can only go 4 innings, the guy who was starting for us earlier in the year can replace him. And I'm sure the James move was merely procedural.

I get that Mitre wasn't a world beater, but he has pitched better than a lot of the guys in the bullpen.

Either way, very happy to see Gamel get called up. He better be DH'ing or giving Prince a breather 4 or 5 games. Really don't need to see him riding the pine as a pinch hitter.

Archived