Brewer Fanatic

Would you hug Pujols?

Vgmastr
id hug him, then claim he squeezed me way too tight. and from this squeeze i suffered undue emotional and physical harm. My case based on how his powerful baseball body overwhelmed my out of shape chip eating frame causing significant injury including but not limited to neck and back distress. additionally, id claim that during the embrace he transferred me any number of communicable diseases. Finally the bread and butter of my suit, (where my close to 1000 posts on brewerfan will be exhibit A) would center on how this catastrophic event ruined baseball for me, my priceless reason for being. How the now unsolicited bear hug traumatized me to the point where the very thought of the game has me digging my fingers knuckle deep into my eye balls. Driven from my passion, id claim to be spending my free time constructing mock drafts for the WNBA. What jury wouldn't empathize?

Link to him doing something D-baggish off the playing field?
It is his attitude towards other people doing the same things he does that makes him a hypocritical D-bag. I am not going to waste my time looking for one. We all know he has chastized other people for doing things that are unclassy.
That's on the field crap. Don't waste your time because he is a solid guy who happens to be playing for a team that is not located closely to where we (most of us) grew up or live.
Logan can fight his own battle, but he never said anything about off the field in his original post. Just that he's a giant d-bag. Which he certainly is on the field, which is all I, personally, care about.

There is not a chance in Hell I'd hug him.

That's on the field crap. Don't waste your time because he is a solid guy who happens to be playing for a team that is not located closely to where we (most of us) grew up or live.
Logan can fight his own battle, but he never said anything about off the field in his original post. Just that he's a giant d-bag. Which he certainly is on the field, which is all I, personally, care about.

Just curious, outside of the staring down his home runs what are the other things he has done what makes him a giant d-bag?

Just curious, outside of the staring down his home runs what are the other things he has done what makes him a giant d-bag?
That's it. That's plenty for me. Same reason Aramis Ramirez is a giant d-bag. And I'd think the same if Braun and Prince weren't Brewers. They get a little stare-happy too, although not as bad as Pujols and Ramirez.

I really wouldn't have a problem with him doing stuff like that except he has complained about other players and teams doing the exact same thing. I am not fan of Braun watching his HR but at least he isn't complaining about players on other teams doing the same thing. The hypocritical part is why I think he is a D-bag. If you don't agree with that after all the other discussions we have had about it over the past couple years, I am not going to waste time trying to convince you because I don't think you will change your mind.

Many players do charitable things. It is easy when you have a lot of money. I don't think Pujols or his evil overlord LaRussa handle losing well. They are poor losers.

Didn't he throw the guy that originally got him to the Cards under the bus? I vaguely remember a story a while back
There was an ESPN article about that a few years back.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I really wouldn't have a problem with him doing stuff like that except he has complained about other players and teams doing the exact same thing. I am not fan of Braun watching his HR but at least he isn't complaining about players on other teams doing the same thing. The hypocritical part is why I think he is a D-bag. If you don't agree with that after all the other discussions we have had about it over the past couple years, I am not going to waste time trying to convince you because I don't think you will change your mind.

Many players do charitable things. It is easy when you have a lot of money. I don't think Pujols or his evil overlord LaRussa handle losing well. They are poor losers.

Are you saying you and I have had discussions about this over the past years? I wanted to know if there was anything other than the staring down home runs and you explained that he complains when others do the same thing. That is hypocritical. It does not make him a d-bag in my mind but I can understand how it does in yours.

Are you saying you and I have had discussions about this over the past years? I wanted to know if there was anything other than the staring down home runs and you explained that he complains when others do the same thing. That is hypocritical. It does not make him a d-bag in my mind but I can understand how it does in yours.

I am not sure if we have but the Cards as whiners has been a pretty yearly topic over the last few years.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

logan3825]

I am not sure if we have but the Cards as whiners has been a pretty yearly topic over the last few years.
Yeah I remember those threads but the only ones I really read where about the announcers constantly whining about the untuck'em thing. I did not remember much about Pujols directly although i have noticed the animosity toward him on this board

Pujols took Grand Offense to a Carlos Villanueva fist-pump after striking out or getting out His Majesty (can't remember, think it was a K though) a few seasons ago. There's more to why Brewers & other NL fans think His Majesty is kind of a tool, but that's one specific example I can think of.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TooLiveBrew]Pujols took Grand Offense to a Carlos Villanueva fist-pump after striking out or getting out His Majesty (can't remember, think it was a K though) a few seasons ago. There's more to why Brewers & other NL fans think His Majesty is kind of a tool, but that's one specific example I can think of.

Thanks....that's another big one that I wasn't able to put my finger on when asked......

Just can't stand the holier-than-thou attitude.

Archived