Brewer Fanatic

Would you hug Pujols?

Vgmastr
I don't know if anyone has seen the commercial with David Ortiz walking the streets of New York asking Yankee fans for hugs. Some flat out refuse and some give in and do it. When I first saw the commercial, I thought the ones that refused were just being rude and stupid. It's Big Papi! How can you not hug him? But then I was thinking, if that was me and it was Pujols, I don't think I could do it. So if Pujols was walking down the streets of Milwaukee and saw you wearing Brewer gear and asked for a hug, would you do it?

JJ and dlks response made me laugh out loud.

I "might" consider it but only if he were able to discuss at length what constitutes classiness and what doesn't. "Does admiring homers for 5-6 seconds constitute classiness?" "Does taking 30 seconds to round the bases constitute classiness?" "Is Tony LaRussa the epitome of class and did he write the book?" Then after the discussion, I'd whip out a pictures of Yount, Dale Murphy, Mike Schmidt etc (yes I'm dating myself) to show him what class is, followed by telling him to get bent and go all Bruce Lee on him and kick him in his other arm.

I had a dream last night that I walked across a baseball field where Albert Pujols was coincidentally taking some batting practice. He was about to go gather up all the balls and I took one and winged it over the fence out of spite.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So when hugging Pujols, what is the maximum length to hold the hug before becoming unclassy?

But seriously, I generally pass on getting hugs from men I don't know really well (and then only if its the handshake-one-arm-man-hug).

After being influenced by the "Favorite Wrestling Stables" thread, I think I would move in for the hug but then kick him in the gut to get him bent over, drop a Stone Cold Stunner on him, then put him in the Figure Four Leglock. Maybe one of my friends will climb a lamp post and drop a frog splash on him for good measure.
Gruber Lawffices

After being influenced by the "Favorite Wrestling Stables" thread, I think I would move in for the hug but then kick him in the gut to get him bent over, drop a Stone Cold Stunner on him, then put him in the Figure Four Leglock. Maybe one of my friends will climb a lamp post and drop a frog splash on him for good measure.
ha, the first thing that popped into my head when i read the first post was "not a chance, dude's getting a stunner". Maybe I'd hug him, and then afterward we'd exchange that "see, that wasn't so bad" look...then i'd go for the kick in the gut and then the stunner.

We can team up on this. I don't know if I can pull off a frog splash. But I could bring a boombox and pump stone cold's theme song while we walk away and Albert writhes in pain.

How about a folding chair to the knee?

Then a elbow drop from the top turnbuckle followed by a dropkick into Pujols while he is holding said folding chair. Pinned 1....2...3.... ding ding ding winnah!

A greeting hug, sure why not? He is a baseball player that seems like a decent enough guy off the field playing for a team I don't care for.

He is a D-bag and a huge reason I don't like that team though. Him and LaRussa.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am one of the few who actually like Pujols. I dislike his home run stares but that is about it. He plays hard and I have seen interviews with him and he seems like a good enough guy. Also know some people in St. Louis who know him and say he is a stand up guy

Everything I've read about Pujols says that outside of baseball he's a very upstanding guy, giving a lot of his time and money to people in need. I may not like his attitude on the field, but his skill is unrivaled, and I enjoy getting to see him play even if I don't personally root for the guy. I wouldn't give him any gruff on the street and would surely give him a hug if approached. Though I think Papi is far more approachable for a hug than Pujols.

A greeting hug, sure why not? He is a baseball player that seems like a decent enough guy off the field playing for a team I don't care for.

Link to him doing something D-baggish off the playing field?

It is his attitude towards other people doing the same things he does that makes him a hypocritical D-bag. I am not going to waste my time looking for one. We all know he has chastized other people for doing things that are unclassy.

I blame Wang.

There isnt anything that I know of. He stares down home runs which is annoying and he made the "awoke a sleeping giant" comment after the Charlie V thing, but if you look into his community service he is a great guy. Just google Albert Pujols charity work and a ton of stuff comes up. Here is a blurb from a link about a 60 minutes piece about his charity work

"Locally, we've had more than a decade of being impressed by

Pujols' dedication in helping Down syndrome kids as well as his

annual offseason relief effort to assist impoverished citizens of

his native Dominican Republic. Pujols has been doing this for a

long time, and he doesn't seem to attach this to an image-building

effort. His devotion is genuine.

The Albert Pujols Foundation is a fixture in our community and

sets an example for other prominent St. Louis athletes to follow.

And because Pujols represents the Cardinals and St. Louis, it was

nice to see him receive overdue national attention for his

charitable deeds. I wonder how many U.S. baseball fans were aware

of the depth of Pujols' commitment to those less fortunate."

It is his attitude towards other people doing the same things he does that makes him a hypocritical D-bag. I am not going to waste my time looking for one. We all know he has chastized other people for doing things that are unclassy.
That's on the field crap. Don't waste your time because he is a solid guy who happens to be playing for a team that is not located closely to where we (most of us) grew up or live.

That's on the field crap. Don't waste your time because he is a solid guy who happens to be playing for a team that is not located closely to where we (most of us) grew up or live.
So we are going to excuse his on-field behavior then? I didn't know that. In that case he is a great guy.

I blame Wang.

Archived