Brewer Fanatic

any Brewer fans going to Minnesota

ilovebeer

I'll be at the game next Saturday and possibly next Sunday. This is my first visit to Minneapolis for a baseball game so I'm excited to see their new stadium. It stinks that the Twins are doing real well right as the Brewers are going to have to play them for a couple of series.

i'm not going to minnesota because i'm already here . . . but i am going to all three games.

downtown minneapolis now has ambassadors (downtown improvement district . . . or did). you'll find them walking, pedaling or on segways. very friendly, and they are there to help visitors. you'll see their bright shirts.

nice ride minnesota bicycle kiosks. rent bikes cheaply and pedal all over the cities . . . we have a great network of trails. ask your concierge or did ambassador for a map. there's even a trail that runs under target field and heads to the river . . . and did i tell you that minneapolis is the #1 cycling city in the nation?

downtown spots within walking distance or a short bus or light rail ride:

hell's kitchen . . . amazing breakfast, get there early and make sure you try the peanut butter . . .

any place that serves surly beer. try them all.

minneapolis central library . . . gorgeous building . . . north on nicollet mall . . . free buses run on the mall

guthrie theater . . . open during the day and at night . . . go twice for amazing views of the river from the endless bridge (downtown east/metrodome lrt stop; head for the building that looks like an ikea)

mill city museum . . . just upstream from the guthrie. highly recommend the flour tower attraction

stone arch bridge . . . worth the trek across, especially now that you can't see the eyesore metrodome on the landscape (you'll see it from the guthrie)

aster cafe . . . across the river, not too far from the stone arch bridge . . . great outdoor patio

walker art museum and sculpture garden . . . the sculpture garden has insane hours . . . something like six am to midnight. the sculpture garden is always free.

the black forest inn . . . great german food, even better outdoor patio. take any 18 bus from nicollet south and get off at 26th street, or pedal to mcdonald's at 24th/nicollet nice ride station. actually, an entire stretch of nicollet just south of downtown is known as eat street. name an ethnicity and they have it. look for jasmine deli for the best bahn mi sandwiches. small space, cheap, but oh so good!

a little further away but worth it . . .

midtown global market along the midtown greenway . . . pedal south on nicollet until it ends at a car wash. go down to the midtown greenway trail and go east (left). midtown global market isn't far.

victor's 1959 cafe in the kingfield neighborhood. best breakfast ever. sub cuban toast for your toast. and bring permanent markers. can get there from downtown via one or two buses

"scattered light" art installation. i don't want to spoil it with any links. runs from dusk 'til dawn in downtown st. paul (that other city). head towards the minnesota science museum and their steps that lead down to the river. it's pretty amazing.

minnehaha falls . . . along the lrt line . . . always great to see. sea salt (in the park's pavilion) is worth the long line.

we welcome you to minneapolis!

This is my first visit to Minneapolis for a baseball game so I'm excited to see their new stadium. It stinks that the Twins are doing real well right as the Brewers are going to have to play them for a couple of series.
The stadium is beautiful.

Archived