Brewer Fanatic

Are any Brewer fans going to Yankee Stadium? â?¦ Latest: anyone going to the Mets series in NY?

NYChez
While not as big of a draw as Fenway on a weekend, I'm hoping Brewer fans make a good showing for their first appearance in the Bronx since 1997. I'm guessing that there will be a group coming up from the Mad River Bar in Manhattan, the main Wisconsin bar in New York City.

Yep. My younger brother lives in Connecticut and I'm heading out there to visit him next week to play some golf, and we're going to the Tuesday game. We have front row seats in the the left field bleachers (section 136). Projected starters are Greinke vs. Gordon, I hope it stays that way!

While not as big of a draw as Fenway on a weekend, I'm hoping Brewer fans make a good showing for their first appearance in the Bronx since 1997. I'm guessing that there will be a group coming up from the Mad River Bar in Manhattan, the main Wisconsin bar in New York City.

So is Mad River Bar the brewerfan.net recommend bar to go to before the game? Anyone ever been to Kettle of Fish, that's another recommended bar I found online for Brewer fans.

well for my afternoon tilt its wolf and Sabbathia
Actually it's Burnett vs Wolf. They have an off day like us Monday, so unless they skip Gordon that's Burnett's spot. According to their probables they aren't skipping Gordon. They have Garcia Tuesday, and Gordon Wednesday as of right now.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

BrewerTerp is going to Tuesday's game.
will be going on wednesday now. i was originally going to buy outside the stadium before game time, but scored some decent tickets from a friend in section 208. should be a fun series!

So is Mad River Bar the brewerfan.net recommend bar to go to before the game? Anyone ever been to Kettle of Fish, that's another recommended bar I found online for Brewer fans.

Bummer I didn't see this until now; but I'll post this anyways for the record. I did go to Kettle of Fish when we were in New York during the opening weekend of March Madness. It was an awesome place to get a beer and watch a Badger game, so I'd imagine it would have been a great place to see some fellow Wisconsinites or ex-Wisconsinites before going to the game. The owner is a huge Wisconsin sports fan and gets pretty into the games while he's working...makes for a good atmosphere.

• 1 month later...

Archived