Brewer Fanatic

What Movies to watch?

adamb100
I saw Unbroken on Christmas Day and it was amazing. Two other movies I recently saw on Netflix were Elite Squad and Elite Squad, The Enemy from Within. Both are about the BOPE, which would be equivalent to our SWAT team, in Rio de Janeiro and how corruption and politics influence the community and police. The first movie is based on a book written by two former members of the BOPE. Beware, both movies are in Portuguese and have subtitles.

If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend several movies from the ESPN 30 for 30 series. I believe you can stream all of them from Netflix. My favorites:

1) "Once Brothers" - friendship between Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic and how the war in Croatia ended it

2) "The U" - look back at the rise and fall of University of Miami football program - hilarious

3) "June 17th, 1994" - chronological unfolding of the events of that day told through TV/news footage

4) "Catching Hell" - technically not in the 30 for 30; about Steve Bartman and the infamous foul ball

5) "The Marinovich Project" - also not technically 30 for 30; about Todd Marinovich and his life & relationship with his dad

6) "The Best That Never Was" - career of Marcus Dupree

7) "Brian and The Boz" - about Brian Bosworth; just came out, may be able to watch it for free on the ESPN family

8) "Without Bias" - Len Bias's life and death

9) "Small Potatoes - Who Killed the USFL?"

10) "Jordan Rides the Bus" - Michael Jordan's venture into baseball & his father's death

anyone ever watch The Raid:Redemption? if you don't mind subtitles, the action in that movie is awesome.

I saw The Raid 2 at MKE Film Fest. The action and violence was so over the top I had to laugh at times. It was awesome.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend several movies from the ESPN 30 for 30 series. I believe you can stream all of them from Netflix. My favorites:

1) "Once Brothers" - friendship between Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic and how the war in Croatia ended it

2) "The U" - look back at the rise and fall of University of Miami football program - hilarious

3) "June 17th, 1994" - chronological unfolding of the events of that day told through TV/news footage

4) "Catching Hell" - technically not in the 30 for 30; about Steve Bartman and the infamous foul ball

5) "The Marinovich Project" - also not technically 30 for 30; about Todd Marinovich and his life & relationship with his dad

6) "The Best That Never Was" - career of Marcus Dupree

7) "Brian and The Boz" - about Brian Bosworth; just came out, may be able to watch it for free on the ESPN family

8) "Without Bias" - Len Bias's life and death

9) "Small Potatoes - Who Killed the USFL?"

10) "Jordan Rides the Bus" - Michael Jordan's venture into baseball & his father's death

Growing up when I grew up as a kid born in the late 70's, you forgot my favorite one, "You don't know Bo, the legend of Bo Jackson"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

anyone ever watch The Raid:Redemption? if you don't mind subtitles, the action in that movie is awesome.

I saw The Raid 2 at MKE Film Fest. The action and violence was so over the top I had to laugh at times. It was awesome.

Saw both. Loved both. the amount of time to choreograph all that action is impressive. Mainstream movies don't care to put that time in. Fantastic brutal scenes.

And just for kicks, Raid 2 had a Martial Artist whose skill was use of a metal baseball bat and baseball. So it applies to Baseball right?

Growing up when I grew up as a kid born in the late 70's, you forgot my favorite one, "You don't know Bo, the legend of Bo Jackson"

I just saw this one the last week. I forgot how gifted of an athlete Bo actually was. Its a real shame how his career ended so swiftly.

Archived