Brewer Fanatic

Pujols injured in collision with Wilson Betemit (left forearm fracture, out ~6 weeks) [Latest: Activated after 2 weeks]

If Rosenthal's tweet is true, then Pujols' injury has the potential for a 7-8 week effect on his play.

Figure on 4 weeks minimum to heal the fracture + 1 week minimum for rehab assignment/getting timing back. Then there's the question of how much strength might be lost and what effects the injury may have on his swing. I'm also curious about any injury concerns with his shoulder.

If it takes 6 weeks to heal and 1 week to get back to "major league readiness," then we're looking at the beginning of August for Pujols to be back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fracture is actually the radius bone in his left fore arm. I'd speculate that an injury to the fore arm would be a little easier to come back from than a wrist injury and that the left fore arm would be worse than the right for a right handed hitter.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

The Blessed Team will put Berkman at 1B, who will continue to outhit Pujols and win NL MVP, despite being washed up a year ago. John Jay will take over fulltime in the outfield and outhit Ryan Braun while playing Gold Glove defense.

This phenomenon is known as the Kyle Lohse Effect and is unique to the Cardinals.

If this thread doesn't provide anything else, this post alone makes it worthwhile. Funny stuff.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

As others have said, I would recommend fantasy baseball owners to pick up whoever will replace Pujols in the lineup. I would assume that Berkman will be shifting to first, so the guy will be the LF. The Cardinals are so lucky, that guy will probably be a bonafide stud for the rest of the summer.

Thank you 2LB.

Hopefully this levels the playing field somewhat for the interleague games. Toronto and Baltimore aren't bad teams. The Orioles' two best pitchers, Matusz and Britton, are both young lefties. Not having to face Albert is a bonus if it's their turn in the rotation. Berkman is a little weaker from the RH side.

Toronto's two best starters, Romero and Reyes, are also lefties.

The Cardinals are so lucky, that guy will probably be a bonafide stud for the rest of the summer.
No question they have gotten some great performances from unexpected places over the years (hell, starting with Pujols really)but they have missed on a number of players as well.

Holy Chris Carpenter, pitcher of amazingness, I fall upon your mercy to renew my spirit, like your fastball. May I be classy, but not as classy as those who live in or are from St. Louis. Bless Stan the Man, Dizzy, Daffy, and Big Mac. In Tony's Holy name I pray. Amen.

OK, now that that's out of the way.....I can rejoice that Pujols is sitting for a while! Apparently he's a really nice guy, as a friend of mine helped Mike Coolbaugh's widow with a golf tourney here in San Antonio, and Big Al showed up. She talked to him and took a pic with him.

This is it. If the Brewers really want to win the division they need to get some separation over the next month. I'm talking like gaining 5 games on St Louis. It's going to be tough with the schedule but there's no excuse not to gain on St Louis when their 3 best players (Pujols, Holiday, and Wainwright) are hurt.

This is it. If the Brewers really want to win the division they need to get some separation over the next month. I'm talking like gaining 5 games on St Louis. It's going to be tough with the schedule but there's no excuse not to gain on St Louis when their 3 best players (Pujols, Holiday, and Wainwright) are hurt.
Holliday isn't hurt. He was in the lineup, and hit cleanup yesterday.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Karma will get you every time. The only thing that would be more fitting, is if while he's standing at home for a year and a half watching a homerun, a bird drops a deuce on his head. Classy or not, I am very happy at this moment.

If it takes 6 weeks to heal and 1 week to get back to "major league readiness," then we're looking at the beginning of August for Pujols to be back.
No doubt, because look who the Brewers host on August 1-3 and where they go on August 9-11.

This thread has several posts which, while they make me laugh, kind of tread the karma line for the Brewers. Remember, but for the grace of the baseball gods do we not have our own new serious injury to absorb. Having said that, good call to jjkoestler on the "watched for 9 seconds" bit.

Finally.... (my crummy attempt at a down arrow)

|

|

v

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

well, Braun is scratched for tonight with an "upper respiratory infection." I had an "upper respiratory infection" in February and it wasn't pleasant. It was basically pneumonia. Knocked me out for the count for several days.

Plus, you can die from it.

So, yeah, karma can certainly be nasty if it wanted to be.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived