Brewer Fanatic

Pujols injured in collision with Wilson Betemit (left forearm fracture, out ~6 weeks) [Latest: Activated after 2 weeks]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reports say it's only a sprain, but more tests to come tomorrow. Nonetheless, he'll miss some time. They face Halladay, Lee, and Oswalt this week too. Not a good time for the Cardinals to lose Pujols. Don't feel bad for them though with all the injuries we've had to deal with.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I don't really think the Brewers have had to deal with too many injuries, as least compared to most teams. Greinke a month is the biggest loss, but when guys like Morgan and Saito are some of your biggest injuries, that's not too bad.

Verified Member
Wrist injuries for baseball players are pretty devastating, as Rickie Weeks can attest. Pujols' injury probably has nothing to do with tendon sheaths, but it is still going to be very difficult to swing a baseball bat without discomfort for a long, long time. Luck almost always has to be on a team's side to make the playoffs, but this isn't the sort of luck anybody hopes for. Wainwright out for the year and now this.

I don't really think the Brewers have had to deal with too many
injuries, as least compared to most teams. Greinke a month is the
biggest loss, but when guys like Morgan and Saito are some of your
biggest injuries, that's not too bad.

Don't forget about Hart and Lucroy and now possibly Marcum. And Parra and Stetter too...not huge losses but because of their injuries they had to go with Daniel Herrara. You saw how that little experiment turned out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Don't forget Hart was out for some time, Lucroy missed the start of the season, Hawkins took a while, Kintzler is still out, Braddock, Stetter, Parra...

There were quite a few out to start the season, which surely didn't help our start... And those little injuries add up quickly in the BP, especially when guys like Herrara get called up

Yeah, wow. That might be the most-watched homer I've ever seen. And it wasn't out by all that much.

If I was a manager, Pujols would be the most hit player in the league.

I'd stick one in his ear 3 times a year. He's almost as bad as Aramis Ramirez when it comes to standing at home plate gawking at a home run. I hope he's out for the year. Can't stand that guy.

Even if this is just a sprained wrist, he'll probably go on the DL. Wrist injuries are tough to come back from. Can't rush it either. It will probably bug him even when he decides to come back. I guess we'll find out tomorrow how bad it really is though. Looked painful when I saw the replay.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Verified Member
If I was a manager, Pujols would be the most hit player in the league.

I'd stick one in his ear 3 times a year. He's almost as bad as Aramis Ramirez when it comes to standing at home plate gawking at a home run. I hope he's out for the year. Can't stand that guy.

Earlier in the home run AB, Coleman (KC pitcher) had the gall to throw a high and tight fastball to Pujols. Albert stared him down and looked like he wanted to charge the mound. It was basically a pitch near his elbow. I guess Albert wasn't intimidated.

Yeah, wow. That might be the most-watched homer I've ever seen. And it wasn't out by all that much.
It took Pujols over 9 seconds to get to first base from the time he hit the ball.

For Braun's famous home run against the Cardinals in the 9th inning in 2008, it took Braun under 8 seconds to get to first base.

This proves ... I don't know what it proves, other than Pujols worshipers are hypocrites, in a classy sort of way.

At this point in the season I think we are in great shape injury wise. Non closer relievers are probably the easiest injury hit to take. If we lose any starting position player besides CF and SS (and maybe 3B depending on your opinion of Casey) would be devastating to this team though.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

The Blessed Team will put Berkman at 1B, who will continue to outhit Pujols and win NL MVP, despite being washed up a year ago. John Jay will take over fulltime in the outfield and outhit Ryan Braun while playing Gold Glove defense.

This phenomenon is known as the Kyle Lohse Effect and is unique to the Cardinals.

While everybody is worried about the wrist, I wouldn't be surprised if the shoulder turned out to be a bigger problem.

My penance for finding a little joy in this: "Hail Tony, full of grapes..."

I hate saying someone deserves to get hurt playing a game like baseball, but the hypocritical nature of that team in general, especially in regard to Pujols, makes it appropriate. The holier than though attitude reminds me so much of those people you know who are Saturday Sinners and Sunday Saints yet still tell you how to live a good (pick your religion) life.

Archived