Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-18 Brewers (Wolf) at Red Sox (Lester) - [Brewers win, 4-2]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even going to watch this one. I am going to guess two hits out of the 5-9 guys tonight. Only good thing going for us is we have a lefty on the mound.
You were way off chickinbrickin. The 5,6,7,8 and 9 hitters had 3 hits tonight, going 3 for 20 with 0 BBs.

Alcides tracker:

7th multi hit game in his last 8 today.

Just turned on the game asnd I was in awe to see two things. The Brewer's were ahead in the 8th and Kamerom Loe is still facing lefties. Glad to see him get through the inning though. He's to Ax-Man mowing them down in the 9th.

Not even going to watch this one. I am going to guess two hits out of the 5-9 guys tonight. Only good thing going for us is we have a lefty on the mound.
You were way off chickinbrickin. The 5,6,7,8 and 9 hitters had 3 hits tonight, going 3 for 20 with 0 BBs.
Damn Wilson had to ruin my prediction with a double. Can he start a little more ofter?

Alcides tracker:

7th multi hit game in his last 8 today.

Just turned on the game asnd I was in awe to see two things. The Brewer's were ahead in the 8th and Kamerom Loe is still facing lefties. Glad to see him get through the inning though. He's to Ax-Man mowing them down in the 9th.

I've been as tough on RR for using Loe exclusively as his 8th inning guy as anyone. That being said, tonight was a perfect spot to use Loe. A tough rh in Youkilis followed by a lefty in Ortiz who hits lhp better than rh, and then another right handed batter. Unfortunately this is not how RR sees it as he'll just see it as his "8th inning guy" doing his job.

I don't know who "found" John Axford, but that was a seriously good thing that happened

Pretty sure Melvin gets credit for his signing.

I hope people are starting to realize that a John Axford implosion isn't imminent. I know a lot of Brewers fans are still hesitant to accept closers, but he's way younger than Hoffman and has better stuff than Turnbow did. Let's just enjoy having a high quality closer right now.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I don't know who "found" John Axford, but that was a seriously good thing that happened

Pretty sure Melvin gets credit for his signing.

I hope people are starting to realize that a John Axford implosion isn't imminent. I know a lot of Brewers fans are still hesitant to accept closers, but he's way younger than Hoffman and has better stuff than Turnbow did. Let's just enjoy having a high quality closer right now.
He was signed by Jay Lapp, the Brewers Canadian scout.

Here's a feature article about Lapp that battlekow, now Sessile Fielder posted that I'm having trouble linking:

Brewers have luxury in Lapp

Bob Elliott/Toronto Sun

The list of players scout Jay Lapp has drafted for the Milwaukee Brewers over the years outnumbers most scouts.

Alexandre Periard, Mark James, Mehdi Djebbar, Chris Dennis, Cam Robulack, Adam Arnold, Nicholas Bucci, Marcus Knecht, Nick Fogarty, James Kottaras and Chandler McLaren.

Some signed with Milwaukee. Some went back to school only to re-surface, as Knecht did Tuesday with the Blue Jays, and others were released. But thanks to Lapp, the Brewers have been the most active club when it comes to drafting Canadians and with the most in the minors.

So, who did Lapp land in this year’s draft, which wrapped up on Wednesday?

Windsor right-hander Joel Pierce in the ninth round and North Vancouver outfielder Rowan Wick in the 18th.

A bad year? Not really.

How many Canadian scouts signed a pitcher currently closing games for a major-league club. Lapp, 48, drove from London in the midst of a storm to sign John Axford of Port Dover at an indoor workout inside The Baseball Zone in Mississauga before the 2008 season. Now, Axford has completed all four save opportunities for the Brewers.

That’s why Lapp, 48, is the winner of the Jim Ridley Award in memory of the late Jays scout as we hand out our 17th annual scout-of-the-year honours.

Periard has a 2-4 record with a 4.71 ERA at double A- Huntsville Stars, Dennis of Amherstburg, has six homers and 29 RBIs at class-A Wisconsin while teammate Nick Bucci of Sarnia is 3-2 with a 1.74 ERA, earning Midwest League all-star honours.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived