Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-18 Brewers (Wolf) at Red Sox (Lester) - [Brewers win, 4-2]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers' 1-5 hitters can keep pace with the Sox. If only we had the extra $75 million to spend like they do.
True, their lineup is insane. Their whole team is incredibly deep everywhere. It would be great to have that extra cash. I feel lucky to have the lineup and team we have considering our payroll. No way anyone can match that Red Sox lineup without a high payroll.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

What do to with an extra 75m per year?

Prince: $25m

Reyes: $20m

Heath Bell: $10m

K-Rod: $10m

CJ Wilson: $10m

Not sure I'd sign both Bell and K-Rod, but with that kinda money why not? That would be an amazing team. Rotation of Greinke, Gallardo, Marcum, Wilson, Wolf. Bullpen with Ax in the 7th, K-Rod 8th, Bell 9th. Insane.

as much as Go-Go sucks at the plate this year, at least he offers two plus areas that can be used game by game and justifies his roster spot.
I want him on the roster as a pinch-runner and defensive replacement. That's it. At this point, he sucks so bad at the plate that I'd just play Morgan everyday. He wouldn't do any worse than Gomez against lefties.

Not sure I'd sign both Bell and K-Rod, but with that kinda money why not? That would be an amazing team. Rotation of Greinke, Gallardo, Marcum, Wilson, Wolf. Bullpen with Ax in the 7th, K-Rod 8th, Bell 9th. Insane.

Don't you mean ax in the 6th, k-rod in the 7th, and loe in the 8th?

Without looking it up I would guess that the Red Sox are close to or at the top of the league every year in doubles. That outfield wall is really low and I imagine quite a few balls bounce over.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Don't you mean ax in the 6th, k-rod in the 7th, and loe in the 8th?

I just spit out my beer laughing. Well played sir.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived