Brewer Fanatic

So now what... Marcum

monty57
... even so, it's very difficult to pitch well when it hurts every time your plant leg lands.

Sure. I was only commenting about the previous comment: saw he was struggling to get much push off the rubber

not intending to imply it is not a problem.

(though it is probably better having it be his left leg rather than his right)

No problem, just clarifying for those who may have underestimated the implications of a hurt plant leg.

Update on Marcum;

The Brewers’ head physician on Monday confirmed right-hander Shaun Marcum’s left hip-flexor strain and encouraged Marcum to test the joint in a throwing session. Raasch did not detect any tears in the MRI scan of Marcum’s hip that was performed over the weekend in Boston.

Marcum, who exited his Friday start against the Red Sox after only one inning, is tentatively scheduled to pitch again on Wednesday against the Rays. If he cannot pitch, then right-handed reliever Marco Estrada could make a spot start in Marcum’s place.

“It will be a day by day decision,” assistant general manager Gord Ash said via e-mail.

Link

Rivas made his last start for Nashville on the 16th. I presume he'd be scheduled to pitch on Tuesday. They may want to hold him back in case of a short start the next couple of nights. Otherwise, it's probably Estrada or DiFelice.

Personally, I'd like to see what Rivas could do for one start.

Narron isn't a realistic option. He's pitching tonight and isn't on the 40 man.

Archived