Brewer Fanatic

Moneyball Movie

Schlitz001
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First impression: Billy Beane is eating something in every scene it seems

Second impression: Either it was embellished/made up for the movie, or Beane has a lot of personal issues he deals with if he's always throwing stuff or sitting in vacant lots thinking

First impression: Billy Beane is eating something in every scene it seems

Second impression: Either it was embellished/made up for the movie, or Beane has a lot of personal issues he deals with if he's always throwing stuff or sitting in vacant lots thinking

The eating thing might've been a nod to Brad Pitt in Ocean's Eleven.

Either it was embellished/made up for the movie, or Beane has a lot of personal issues he deals with if he's always throwing stuff or sitting in vacant lots thinking

Haven't seen the movie yet, but that's the impression Michael Lewis gives of Beane in the book.

It was an OK movie, but I feel like it is probably better enjoyed by those people who are lesser baseball fans. All of the factual errors bothered me a little bit. I kept saying to myself, "That's not how that happened". And even beyond that, the story itself was way better in the book than what was put into the script. It rode the fence of fact and Hollywood and that's what ruined it for me. They should have followed the book strictly or thrown away all the names and made it a true Hollywood inspirational sports movie. I didn't hate it, but I thought it had more potential.

Archived