Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-17 Brewers (Marcum) at Red Sox (Lackey) - [Brewers lose, 10-4]

This series is going to be a serious reality check for us Brewers fans, the manager, and hopefully Melvin. You can't keep running out a bunch of scrubs and hope to compete for a world series against the Sox, Yankees, Phillies ect. This team can keep making cute little winning streaks against the bottom of the NL, but that won't get them more than MAYBE a wild card.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Logan Int'l. have a red-eye to Nashville? Herrera better hope not.

I think the more important question would be a flight in other direction, anyway they changed it to a night game so should be able to get someone else here from Nashville.

How is Herrera forced into the lineup when they have a perfectly good arm in McClendon sittingin Nashville? Herrera is a LOOGY at best. If your LOOGY isn't very good, you may as well just have a general use bullpen guy on the roster and take your chances with the guys you have. Roeneike himself earlier this season was talking about how the had no lefties at all in teh pen with the Angels on many occasions. Un less your LOOGY is really good at his job, you're better off with the better overall pitcher. That ain't Herrera. Not hating. Just the truth.

Some good news the Reds have lost.
Also, Pittsburgh is losing and the Cards are tied.

If we don't show some ability to beat someone other than the absolute dregs of MLB (a free-falling Marlins squad notwithstanding) it's not going to matter much.

Some good news the Reds have lost.
Also, Pittsburgh is losing and the Cards are tied.

If we don't show some ability to beat someone other than the absolute dregs of MLB (a free-falling Marlins squad notwithstanding) it's not going to matter much.

We just swept the Cardinals last weekend.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

mastershake76]

I guess I forgot to include the Marlins-esque free-falling cardinals, losers of 6 straight now. I suppose if we happen to catch everyone in free-fall mode we'll be fine and dandy.

They were one of the hottest teams in baseball when we played them. Their free fall started after we swept them.

COBrewerfan]We have played 2 innings and people have jumped ship. Does milwaukee just have a losers mentality? We aer facing Lackey who gives up plenty of hits. And the cubs somehow beat the yanks today. Anything can happen.
How about instead of a loser's mentality, maybe in fact a realistic view of the way the game would likely go given what happened to Marcum in the first?

How many times does a starter not make it to the 2nd inning and the team wins a game? That was the reality of the situation.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

We have played 2 innings and people have jumped ship. Does milwaukee just have a losers mentality? We aer facing Lackey who gives up plenty of hits. And the cubs somehow beat the yanks today. Anything can happen.
How about instead of a loser's mentality, maybe in fact a realistic view of the way the game would likely go given what happened to Marcum in the first?

How many times does a starter not make it to the 2nd inning and the team wins a game? That was the reality of the situation.

Agreed, and with the guys we all knew we'd have to use in the pen, there's not a whole lot of reason to be optimistic. Need the starting pitcher to go more than 1 inning to win a game. Especially, with the bullpen we have currently.

I guess I forgot to include the Marlins-esque free-falling cardinals, losers of 6 straight now. I suppose if we happen to catch everyone in free-fall mode we'll be fine and dandy.

2 of 3 @ Philadelphia, 2 of 3 vs. Giants...didn't check if they were free falling at the time

Archived