Brewer Fanatic

Braddock optioned to Nashville, Herrera DFA'd -- Latest: Herrera still on 40-man roster

battlekow

"...go and demonstrate in very quick order that you are prepared to follow the requirements and there is a good, strong possibility [you will be back quickly]. We need him.

"But if you're going to have a team, it has to be that. It can't be 24 guys and an exception."

Couldn't they have come up with some kind of discipline that doesn't involve punishing the other 24 players and thousands of fans?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RR just mentioned in his post-game comments that Herrera will be DFA'd and a corresponding move will be made tomorrow.

Herrera got Balfour'd.

Good. The last Brewer to make such a poor impression on me in such a short time period was Joe Winkelsas. Enough said.

But even Winkelsas got 7 appearances (and Rightnowar got 34). I'm not saying Herrera shouldn't have been cut, what I don't like is that they brought him up in the first place if 2 appearances was all it would take for them to give up on him. It just seems poorly thought out.

NYChez]
RockCoCougars wrote:
Good. The last Brewer to make such a poor impression on me in such a short time period was Joe Winkelsas. Enough said.
I was thinking Ron Rightnower.
Jorge Julio for me.

I wonder if the Herrera #46 jersey will be extra cheap at the next clubhouse sale. At least a jersey for someone 5' 6" might not hang down to my knees. On the up side, he had a short leash; though his 21.60 ERA is going to mar the Brewers' 2011 stats forever.

I can't even say "thanks for playing" this time. Bye.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

i'm sure it will be defelice to get the call, but once saito is ready who gets sent down. Estrada may be the choice if Marcum was healthy. My guess is that Dillard would have to be the guy to go, who has struggled a little of late.

RR just mentioned in his post-game comments that Herrera will be DFA'd and a corresponding move will be made tomorrow.

Herrera got Balfour'd.

I'll say he either got Julio'd or Hererra'd. Balfour was a promising pitcher who had a few rough innings. Julio and Herrera really had no promise.

If it's DiFelice, the Brewers are about to misuse another pitcher. He's best used as a setup-type reliever who's an ace against righties but shouldn't face lefties. Yet it sounds like they'll use him as a long reliever. Ugh.

If it's DiFelice, the Brewers are about to misuse another pitcher. He's best used as a setup-type reliever who's an ace against righties but shouldn't face lefties. Yet it sounds like they'll use him as a long reliever. Ugh.
We do have too many situational pitchers in our bullpen. It's going to be nice to get Saito back, and then hopefully Braddock, because that in theory would allow Roenicke to use his guys in the right situations. Saito should setup, Loe late in games against righties, Braddock late against lefties, Hawkins before Saito, Ax closing, Mitre for multiple innings, and then whoever else as a fill-in guy/long reliever, or another lefty.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Why is Braddock just a LOOGY?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Verified Member

He's not, but if he's the only lefthander in your pen, you don't want to use him too early in case you need him later against a Ryan Howard type. So basically just an L, since the "one out guy" doesn't really apply.

He's not, but if he's the only lefthander in your pen, you don't want to use him too early in case you need him later against a Ryan Howard type. So basically just an L, since the "one out guy" doesn't really apply.

Agreed. That's why two lefties would be better. He can face righties, but as the pen is now, he would likely be used late when mostly lefties are due up. Doesn't mean he can't pitch a full inning and face righties too.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I figured DiFelice was called up to start in case Marcum can't make his next start. DFAing Herrara was the easy call, and they'll wait a few days to see how Marcum's feeling. A backdated DL trip could be necessary around the time Saito is ready to go. DiFelice isn't good against lefties, but they really don't have many options if Marcum is hurt.

On the other note, Roenicke is going to be in a Macha-esque "Zim Zam" when Saito's back. How will he ever take Loe out of the "8th inning guy" role?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived