Brewer Fanatic

Brewers draft picks in the CWS

* nice, easy delivery....and he uses his height & high release point to get good downward movement on his pitches.....like it!

* that has to be a fast-gun....no way he's throwing 95 (and as someone said above he's not missing many bats), but I'd guess it's "easy" 91-93 & that's good enough given the downward bite in his fastball

* that curveball needs a lot of work as someone mentioned above.... not much late bite ....but there's potential to make it a plus-pitch

* location is good (generally hits the catchers target)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to jinx things, but his delivery reminds me of a loopy version of Jeff D'Amico. When I say loopy, I mean like how Axford has totally unnecessary arm floppiness before delivering the ball.

Besides that, lots of big leaguers have similar mechanics. I like that the ball gets low in his take away, as that's always common with sinker-ballers that want to get on top of the ball.

It's a pretty effortless 94 in this game.

I hate to jinx things, but his delivery reminds me of a loopy version of Jeff D'Amico. When I say loopy, I mean like how Axford has totally unnecessary arm floppiness before delivering the ball.

Besides that, lots of big leaguers have similar mechanics. I like that the ball gets low in his take away, as that's always common with sinker-ballers that want to get on top of the ball.

Archived