Brewer Fanatic

Kottaras' contract purchased from Nashville, Nieves outrighted & accepts assignment

And That

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know George is probably an upgrade but not much. Awful on defense and hits just as bad. Do the people who wanted this for so long forget that? This is not big news seeing Lucroy plays most of the time anyways. George's .200 average is exciting news and Yuni, Casey, and Gomez all stink and should not be on the team? Interesting.

Finally. Did someone wake Melvin up from his coma in time to realize the season's underway? File this under "Most obvious roster upgrade in Brewers' history."

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I know George is probably an upgrade but not much. Awful on defense and hits just as bad. Do the people who wanted this for so long forget that? This is not big news seeing Lucroy plays most of the time anyways. George's .200 average is exciting news and Yuni, Casey, and Gomez all stink and should not be on the team? Interesting.

You're right, it's not huge news, but the team is better than it was yesterday now, so it's okay if people think that's good news and still be disappointed with Yuni, Casey and Gomez at the same time.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Kottaras also takes walks and hits for a decent amount of power. Nobodies going to do backflips about a .700 OPS, but it's worlds better than the .360 Nieves was sporting. Over only 175 at bats, that's a difference of 16 runs created, which is almost 2 wins.

Teams fighting for the playoffs need to maximize their win potential, and they're doing that by getting rid of Nieves.

Hooray, Cali! Welcome back. George is essentially Gabe Gross as a catcher (marginal BA, takes walks, has XBH power), but compared to the at bats Nieves put together he'll look a lot better.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I saw this and the first thought in my head was "and there was much rejoicing in the land of BF"

and pretty much everything that RoCo said I agree with. We didn't just call up another Braun but anytime we improve our team, its a good thing.

This is a good start. Now if we just replace Kotsay with Boggs and Betancourt with Green we'll be close to fielding our best team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Verified Member
Come on now.

will nieves accept the assignment?

I hope the assignment is "catcher looking for a job in a different organization." Nieves brings very little to the table. He could possibly help AAA pitchers learn how MLB pitchers pitch, but we have Rivera in AAA who could do the same thing.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived