Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Cubs (Zambrano) - [Brewers win, 9-5]

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After beating Florida (a team in the midst of a free-fall), in a number of close games where they got some breaks and unexpected contributions, I think many forgot that Milwaukee is still terrible on the road.

Yes, I'm sure it's just a statistical anomaly. You are what your record says you are at some point. Maybe we should wait until the end of the year to call them terrible on the road. We can put it on their tombstone.

It really can't be much longer before something happens with Casey. At this point just a day off would be welcome from my perspective. Just give him a day, at least, away from the game. I respect that (I assume) he hasn't asked for one, but it's got to be getting to him.

Still, it's just a 1 run game. It feels like more than that.

You may run like Mays...

How bad were McGehee's errors? I'm watching the Stanley Cup.

The first one was a short hop stubby couldn't pick. He should have. A better 1B would have. The second was a Yuni impression. Couldn't bend over to field it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I really wonder if Casey has outlived his usefulness. We discovered a diamond in the rough and got two nice years from him. At some point, Melvin has to cut his losses.

You guys do realize he will use the 20+ HR and 100+ RBI production from McGehee in 2010 as a justification for keeping him all year and who knows...maybe even re-signing him in the off-season again. Melvin loves to use dumb statistics from the past and ignore the peripherals sometimes to make certain moves. Super frustrating.

Archived