Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-14 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Wells) - [Brewers lose, 5-4, ten innings]

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Cubs were smart to pitch to McGehee and Betancourt instead of Fielder and Hart, I guess, if loading the bases twice is smart
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

This is why the best 6 hitters should hit 1-6. They clearly pitched around Prince because McGehee is behind him, and Hart because Betancourt is behind him. Hart 5th, Lucroy 6th, and problem solved.

Even if McGehee is batting before Lucroy, there is zero logic at all in hitting Yuni before Lucroy. Hell, Betancourt should be on the damn bench. My loathing of that guy can't be overstated.

This is why the best 6 hitters should hit 1-6. They clearly pitched around Prince because McGehee is behind him, and Hart because Betancourt is behind him. Hart 5th, Lucroy 6th, and problem solved.

Even if McGehee is batting before Lucroy, there is zero logic at all in hitting Yuni before Lucroy. Hell, Betancourt should be on the damn bench. My loathing of that guy can't be overstated.

I agree. If Lucroy bats even 7th, he gets a sac fly right there. Why? Because he actually knows how to hit.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I agree. If Lucroy bats even 7th, he gets a sac fly right there. Why? Because he actually knows how to hit.
But that really isn't something you can assume

Well, he flew out to left, so yeah I can. And no he wouldn't be pitched differently, because the bases were loaded in both cases.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

One thing we can assume is that when Betancourt comes up in big spots with runners on base, he'll be an inning killer. He of that whopping .176 average and .472 OPS with RISP.

Archived