Brewer Fanatic

2011 Draftee Nicknames

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not sure what this year's draft will bring us in terms of talent, but at worst, there is the possibility of some interesting nicknames:

Taylor Jungmann - I'm sure the jokes will get "old" fast.

Drew Gagnon - perhaps not the type of nick name you want for a pitcher. Eric Gagne can sympathize.

David Goforth - Better last name for a pitcher.

Mike Strong - Will probably end up as a soft tossing LOOGY... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Tommy Toledo - Honestly sounds like a nickname already! But Toledo just reminds me of Klinger from MASH and his favorite mud-hens.

Mallex Smith - He may compete with Maverick as the best first name in the system!

Josh Smith - wait, how did that one get here?

David Lucroy - ok, we can at least spell his name now. But the little brother angle still works!

Trent Boras - I can think of a lot of names, but none that will make it through the filters...

Sean Albury - Every box score that shows "S.Albury" is going to have me thinking of steak...

Mitch Conner - Do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger will come to any of his games? DOH! Thinking John Conner there. Never was a South Park fan to make the correct reference...

Caleb Whalen - that name works if he is killing the ball or pouting on the bench...

Gant Elmore - will FanGraphs start using Gant charts?

edit - got to double check my names before making a bad pop-culture reference...

Archived