Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cubs (Dempster) - [Brewers lose, 1-0]

Post game explanation by Ron "The squeeze play was hot, 3 for its last 3, so I had to play it."
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad Kotsay is playing. 2 K's. That last pitch was over his head. Dempster is having a hard time throwing strikes, yet we just keep chasing balls for strike 3.

And then Braun with a first pitch out. So much for working the pitch count.

Is it just me or does this feel like a game we're going to find a way to lose 2-1 or 1-0?

The part of that play that stood out to Bill: The Cubs taking a while in the run-down.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Eucker actually did the same thing. He went on a huge tangent about the rundown and barely talked about the safety squeeze. Apparently the cubs rundown execution was really poor and it shocked Eucker apparently Bill too

Congrat Chicken, how big is little Noah James.

I'm taking the over vs. Yuni's .OPS.

How about weight in ounces vs. Nieves' batting average? I'll take the over against Nieves' batting average.

Count me in on the over as well. That baby would only have to be about 8.5-9 pounds. Thats certainly possible. Nieves can easily drop another few points this game too.

Nieves dropping a few points would assume Wolf is still pitching well, so at least there would be that. I'm taking the over as well. Win one for Noah!
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The part of that play that stood out to Bill: The Cubs taking a while in the run-down.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Eucker actually did the same thing. He went on a huge tangent about the rundown and barely talked about the safety squeeze. Apparently the cubs rundown execution was really poor and it shocked Eucker apparently Bill too

Uecker

And here it comes.

Guy takes an 0-2 pitch right down the middle. Not called. And then he singles because our RF is playing super deep against a right handed hitter with the wind blowing in. And now Ramirez is up. With a 2-0 count.

Que up the sinking feeling.....

Well at least we got out of it. Doesn't change the fact that he missed a pitch right down the middle for strike three. Glad I was wrong.

I think thats about the 3-4th ball the Cubs have hit that are likely gone if the wind isn't blowing straight in.

We've been in hitters counts all night long. Lots of guys at 3-1 and 2-0 and we've hit very, very few balls hard. Very frustrating. We've also struck out numerous times on pitches way out of the strike zone.

This is the part of this team that scares me. When we can't hit HR's, we just really struggle to score any runs. Or even mount anything of an offensive threat for that matter.

Archived