Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cubs (Dempster) - [Brewers lose, 1-0]

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which of these is more likely: a) Wil Nieves getting a hit or b) YuniB not swinging at the first pitch in two AB's tonight? If I had to pick, I'd ride with YuniB, which is sad.
YuniB AB #1: Swing

Nieves AB #1: DP

Tie!

Yuni not swing at the first pitch? lol

Yeah, I guess I was thinking back to when both of my kids were born. C-sections. So, yes, it was a different room. Flat screen in there would have been boss. I would've had it on a Brewers/Packers/Bucks/Marquette/Virginia loop so my kids were indoctrinated immediately. It's hard to get them into all my teams when I don't live in Wisconsin anymore.
I hear you, but if my kids aren't at least Packers/Brewers fans I will consider myself a failure as a father. I can't not stomach the idea of sharing a house with Rams/Cardinals fans.

Does anyone find it hilarious that Nieves' continued existence on the roster depends not on his performance, but on the performance of Randy Wolf?

I probably would if I wasn't so furious about him still being on it.

Yeah, I guess I was thinking back to when both of my kids were born. C-sections. So, yes, it was a different room. Flat screen in there would have been boss. I would've had it on a Brewers/Packers/Bucks/Marquette/Virginia loop so my kids were indoctrinated immediately. It's hard to get them into all my teams when I don't live in Wisconsin anymore.
I hear you, but if my kids aren't at least Packers/Brewers fans I will consider myself a failure as a father. I can't not stomach the idea of sharing a house with Rams/Cardinals fans.
I'm getting there. They're only 2 and 4 and it's not like they are fans of other teams or anything. My 4-year old daughter does cheer for the Brewers and Packers and recognizes them when they are on TV, but she doesn't quite understand exactly what she's cheering for. She did start chanting "VIR-GIN-IA! VIR-GIN-IA!" during the 9th inning of the UVa baseball game today, though she really has no clue what the difference is between college and pros.

I need more gear for my kids. All I have is a Braun shirt for my daughter and a Fielder shirt for my son. I think they've both grown out of them, though my son will now get the Braun shirt.

EDIT: I might have to suck it up and pay for MLB.tv so I can be sure my kids are constantly flooded with Brewers images. Packers are easier - they're on TV a lot and since it's only once a week, I can take them to a sports bar if I need to (which I have done since they were just lumps of skin and drool).

I'm getting there. They're only 2 and 4 and it's not like they are fans of other teams or anything. My 4-year old daughter does cheer for the Brewers and Packers and recognizes them when they are on TV, but she doesn't quite understand exactly what she's cheering for. She did start chanting "VIR-GIN-IA! VIR-GIN-IA!" during the 9th inning of the UVa baseball game today, though she really has no clue what the difference is between college and pros.

I need more gear for my kids. All I have is a Braun shirt for my daughter and a Fielder shirt for my son. I think they've both grown out of them, though my son will now get the Braun shirt.

EDIT: I might have to suck it up and pay for MLB.tv so I can be sure my kids are constantly flooded with Brewers images. Packers are easier - they're on TV a lot and since it's only once a week, I can take them to a sports bar if I need to (which I have done since they were just lumps of skin and drool).

We have very similar parenting styles.

Yuni drives me crazy. When he lets his instincts take over, he can make great plays. When he has a few seconds to think about it, ugh ...

Why can we never hit Dempster.
For some reason, he always seems to be "on" when he faces the Brewers. And when he's pitching well, his stuff is pretty nasty to right-handed batters, of which the Brewers have plenty.

If Dempster could just pitch against us, he'd win the Cy Young. This lineup doesn't help much either.

Here comes Betancourt, Nieves and Wolf. I'll be happy if they can make him throw 7 pitches this inning I think.

Archived