Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cubs (Dempster) - [Brewers lose, 1-0]

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my God Bill shut up about their baserunning and talk about the horrible managing/defense by Braun.

I was trying to figure out Bill's inane point. That was either a home run in which case running is meaningless or caught which means he would have to go back to 1B. The big issue is Braun not catching that. Well that and Loe pitching to a left handed hitter again.

So when the Brewers fail to score, it's everyone's fault but the hitters that they are behind in the ninth? Lots of people could have done better in that half-inning, but there has been a lot of fail at the plate tonight. And Randy Wolf can't comment about run support too much if he has to have Nieves behind the plate when he pitches.

Thae starting pitching is finally better, but if this team ever has to live without Braun and Fielder, they are roughly equivalent to the Twins without a healthy Mauer and Morneau. How's that working out for them this season?

I just saw the replay of the run on MLB Network. It looked like Barney still might've gotten in there with a better throw. He made it the last few feet very quickly. It wouldn't have taken a perfect throw to get him, but a merely decent throw might not have.

Not sure how everyone can so eaily blame Braun there as if e dropped a lazy fly ball right at him. You try catching a fly ball swirling in the Wrigley winds in an angled section of the ivy running backwards as an away player. Could he have caught it? Sure, but that was far from routine.
It wouldn't have been just a routine catch but it wasn't much harder than a normal than just a ball near the wall. I expect Braun or any LF to make that catch as they wouldn't have had to jump. The angle of the wall was the trickiest part.

Kotsay starting - 0 for 4, 3 K's.

Nieves still on the team - 0 for 2, GIDP, the usual.

Squeeze with the pitcher on a 3-1 count - Fail

Overworked Loe again in the 8th - Fail

There was no reason for us to lose this game. It took a valiant effort including a horrid lineup, mismanaging and overthinking to get it done. I am so sick of Roenicke.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has...

Archived