Brewer Fanatic

Don't even think about wearing buckets tonight...

So the sole reason I got tickets for tonights game is to wear buckets since Sutton is back in town and about 120 of my former frat brothers had tickets well a buddy of mine just sent me a email sending me a FYI that the Brewers ticket takers have been instructed not to allow anybody wearing excessive headware or buckets from entering the ball park with them.

I am pissed off...maybe there is some truth to organization not liking Sutton for the reason he wasn't brought back. Don't you worry we WILL be vocal tonight. Grrrrrrrrr

This just in - the Brewers are in the middle of a pennant race. Give your ticket to somebody who cares about what's going on on the field, and sit in the parking lot with a bucket on your head and get tanked.

[ This just in - the Brewers are in the middle of a pennant race. Give your ticket to somebody who cares about what's going on on the field, and sit in the parking lot with a bucket on your head and get tanked. ]

That was a pretty rude post:

- Assuming the guy doesn't care about what's going on.

- Assuming the guy's going to get "tanked" in the parking lot.

- "This just in"

From the "three strikes" post pinned to the top of the forum:

Warning-worthy behavior includes, but is not limited to:

? Swearing or attempting to skirt the cuss filter; damn, ass, hell, and piss are currently allowable, abuse them and you'll lose them

? Baiting and/or flaming

? Flagrant political, religious, or sexual comments

? Disrespect and/or condescension towards fellow posters

? Crass and unsavory behavior

? Posting vulgar/obscene pictures and links

? Chronic discouraged behavior; excessive use of emoticons, constant one-line posts, etc.

I am sorry for posting this. I am a Brewers season ticket holder, and tonight we decided to try and show support towards a guy who made Brewers baseball interesting when the Brewers weren't that interesting. That's all. I will be quiet from now on.

[ I am sorry for posting this. I am a Brewers season ticket holder, and tonight we decided to try and show support towards a guy who made Brewers baseball interesting when the Brewers weren't that interesting. That's all. I will be quiet from now on. ]

Don't be sorry, it's a good discussion to have.

you don't have to be quiet. I thought it would be a cool idea to wear buckets to welcome back someone who has a history with the franchise and many fans liked. I know the brewers don;t need to do buckethead bridgade games anymore since we are drawing fine without them. I think daron would of got a kick out of seeing a bunch of buckets in 232.

We figured that is would just be fun to show some appreciation towards a guy who tried to make Brewers baseball relevant in the market again. I always loved the Buckethead nights because there was just a different buzz in the air. We were and always would cheer for the Brewers no matter what.

I kind of like that the organization is being priggish about this. Shows that they're paying attention and are glad to have the promotion be what's on the field, not the good-natured goofiness in the stands. It was great to have the brigade keep the fires lit in those dark years, even though I'm not a Sutton fan.

Too bad, would have been fun to see some support for Sutton, didn't do much wrong while he was in Milwaukee, he sat through some of the more disappointing seasons in the last few years as we did and was here when we cracked .500.

Somewhat surprised that with some of the stuff they let in for the BB, that they won't let some people do it tonight in what I would expect to be far less buckets than were in house for the BB.

Just allowing the few fans that would have been clever enough to bring buckets to say hey to Daron would have been cool.

Quote:
So the sole reason I got tickets for tonights game is to wear buckets since Sutton is back in town and about 120 of my former frat brothers had tickets well a buddy of mine just sent me a email sending me a FYI that the Brewers ticket takers have been instructed not to allow anybody wearing excessive headware or buckets from entering the ball park with them.

Is this an official email, or just something that somebody made up?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have a problem with the topic being brought up, and I also didn't have a problem with the first response to the original post.

Of course, I took it in jest, which I might not have done had the post been directed towards me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

let me qualify this... I am beyond excited of the direction of this team and franchise... and love Mark A to death....

But...

If it's good enough for them when the team loses 100, then it is garbage for them to turn their backs once the team starts winning on the ONLY people who filled that place on Tuesday nights.

Bad form.

I say they have a sunshine and rainbow tie Monday in honor of Davey Nelson. Did anybody else see that tie on Monday's post game?

But in reguards to Sutton, I have to give him some props for bringing fans to the ballpark on a weekday.He may have been a bit quarky but I liked the energy he brought to the broadcast booth.

"They allow those Miller Lite cowboy hat abominations in, but they won't let ya wear a bucket? Boo! "

This week, DirecTV is giving me every game, so I've been watching, and I see the cameras don't miss a chance to pan over to those Miller Lite cowboy hats. Those crappy contraptions are about as cool and dignified as that floppy crochet beer can hat the sun-baked drunk across the alley wore every day back in the 70's.

Imagine if those cowboy hat affronts to good taste were fashioned out of Budweiser boxes. Would they be shown on TV and not be banned?

And as our new friend, number59 mentioned, if they didn't outlaw buckets on the head when the team's been awful these past 14 years, and then start prohibiting them now when the team's good, that sends a bad sign. Bandwagon jumpers welcome....long-suffering fans who've had to resort to wearing metal headgear to keep their enthusiasm up, are not.....because this ride will never end, and the Brewers will always be this good...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

that floppy crochet beer can hat the sun-baked drunk across the alley wore every day back in the 70's.

Geno, you just made my memory hurt. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sounds like you lived in that Chicago neighborhood, too!

Garish hat and all, this old character was still a sympathetic figure on our block. He was imprisoned in a POW camp after he was shot down in WWII, so you could understand the drinking problem and some poor wardrobe choices: From April to late September, he'd be out there in swim trunks, flip-flops, a still-black crewcut, and that damned hat, listening to the Cubs, and pounding a Schlitz, occasionally washed back with a shot of Cutty, straight form the bottle. He was a hero for his wartime service, but also because he once physically chased our precinct captain out of his backyard with his rake.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Quote:
Brewers ticket takers have been instructed not to allow anybody wearing excessive headware or buckets from entering the ball park with them.

This sounds ridiculous and short-sighted to me. Unless it has become some kind of security issue --- that, by the way, never existed for the last several years. I don't get it.

But, personally... I miss Vasgersian much more than Sutton. At least I can catch him doing some NFL games, and the occasional poker tournament now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif The guy still kills me. If the Padres games were part of the MLB Extra Innings package, I'd probably buy it just to hear him break out in some obscure song when his team hits a long ball.

Sutton? meh... he was OK.

Yeah it was rediculous. It wasn't an official email but my buddy who has friends in the ticket office called him as a FYI. At the game last night nobody had bucketheads. We saw Sutton in front of the pressbox before the game and told him about our situation in which he seemed touched. That is all we were after. The croud last night was great. While the Buckethead section isn't needed anymore it would have still be something to say thanks to Sutton. Whether you liked him or not, he made the games atleast watchable when the baseball on the field always wasn't.

On one hand, it drives me nuts to sit behind people wearing tall hats. On the other hand, I'm willing to go with the flow if these hats are part of 'costumes'.

I'd like to hear an explanation on this. As was mentioned above, maybe it's security-related, and it's something that the Brewers put up with during the Buckethead era.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived