Brewer Fanatic

Giants sign Bill Hall

jjkoestler

Per ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6651563

Seems like a nice move for the Giants since they are on the hook for less than $300k.

Well, they have Freddy Sanchez headed to the DL with a dislocated shoulder, so the move makes sense to shore up their infield.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would like to see some of the swagger talked about in that article brought back to this team. I mean yeah, they look like they're 'having fun', but the bowling pin thing was great, the walk off hit by Hall where everyone IMMEDIATELY left the dugout was great, that sort of stuff. The 'untuckem'.......all that stuff was fun to see. Coffey Time too, was a good one.

Then I'm mildly surprised that SF deigned to sign someone so problematic. They must have been desperate after losing Freddy Sanchez.

Despite my dismay that they can't let this go, I'm glad you shared the link. I'd be interested to someday know about the other celebrations devised by such miscreants as Trevor Hoffman.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was going to link this. "Interesting" comments from the peanut gallery after the article. Their fans are climbing up the "moronic fanbase" ladder. They're pushing themselves right up there next to the Cardinals and Cubs. They're bringing up Fielder's hit on Todd Greene as well as (shocker) the Buster Posey/Scott Cousin's hit.

I felt good for their fanbase when they finally won a World Series last year, but it certainly does seem like the winning has brought out some of the idiots (always does, I guess). Scott Cousins was actually receiving death threats from Giants fans after the Posey hit.

It is nice to see Hall stick up for Prince in that article, though.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

"He's a great teammate. He's got your back 100 percent. We called him 'the big teddy bear' in the clubhouse. When he gets between the lines, he's a beast. He's trying to win. Nothing else matters. His main word is 'success.' He uses that word a lot."

Definitely worth reading that whole article... some good tidbits in there from Hall.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The comments from that article blow my mind. 2 years later, with a WS win, and they're still talking about "retribution" needing to happen. All they talk about is having class, and they are completely unaware to how unbelievably hypocritical they are.

The Giants just made the teams I hate list.

Verified Member
The comments from that article blow my mind. 2 years later, with a WS win, and they're still talking about "retribution" needing to happen. All they talk about is having class, and they are completely unaware to how unbelievably hypocritical they are.

The Giants just made the teams I hate list.

I know you're not totally serious, but try to reserve your hate for the internet fanbase, and specifically the internet fanbase that posts after newspaper articles. That's a pretty specialized group of people.

This is of course, coming the same fans who cheered frothingly for Barry Bonds for 15 years, while ignoring the steroids allegations and criminal charges. Playing the game right way, indeed.

I bet the people who get all ********* over fun celebrations are the same people who don't think you should smile during team pictures because you have to show that you take the game "seriously."

Archived