Brewer Fanatic

Prepaid cellphone plans.

logan82
Does anybody have any experience with these? I am looking into getting a phone for my son but don't want him on my monthly plan until he shows he can responsibly managing his minutes.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

That Virgin plan is great. I hate cell phones and everything involved with them...they run on the Sprint network if that makes a difference.

I have the $25 plan with 300 minutes (150 minutes more than I need) which comes with the unlimited media/text, which I rarely use, maybe 15 texts per month.

People paying up to $100+/month astounds me.....

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

We pay about $85 a month for 2 phones. Pay $0.25 per text message. Don't text enough to make it worth the $10 per phone for unlimited text.

I don't think Virgin will work since we live in the sticks. Looks like Virgin mostly covers the major cities and highways.

I blame Wang.

I don't know what he will be using for minutes. It is more to get him used to being responsible with his minutes so when he is on our plan he will not run over on our minutes and jack up our bill. We may just wait till our contract is up and get a third phone that will stay as a "home" phone. We get free incoming and after 7:00 minutes. A prepaid phone may actually cost us more money, at least initially. I am still in the research stage.

I blame Wang.

Archived