Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-10 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 8-0]

June 10 - 7:10 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/cardinals.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpg

38-26

35-28

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/cardinals/lohse-02.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/narveson-13.jpg

Kyle Lohse

7-2 | 2.41

Lohse has won three of his last four starts and received a no-decision in the other. On Saturday against the Cubs, it wasn't one of his better games, giving up 11 hits and four earned runs in 5 2/3 innings.

Brewers vs. Lohse
Lohse Game Log

Chris Narveson

2-4 | 4.85

One bad inning got Narveson again in his last outing. After cruising through the first five frames, the lefty found trouble in the sixth. Narveson allowed four runs on four hits over 5 1/3 innings, taking a no-decision.

Cardinals vs. Narveson
Narveson Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. SS Ryan Theriot
  2. RF Jon Jay
  3. 1B Albert Pujols
  4. LF Lance Berkman
  5. CF Colby Rasmus
  6. C Yadier Molina
  7. 2B Tyler Greene
  8. 3B Daniel Descalso
  9. RHP Kyle Lohse

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 3B Casey McGehee
  6. RF Corey Hart
  7. SS Craig Counsell
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. LHP Chris Narveson

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-fsn.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2010 | ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Brewers:

I'm having a frustrating day at work, and (not unlike you) am in the midst of a longish stretch without days off.

I could really use a favorable outcome from you guys tonight, from Rickie to Narvdog, and whoever's in between.

You know this is a golden opportunity in multiple ways. In case you've forgotten, the Wisconsin State Journal editorial board actually stopped pontificating about politics for a day to pimp you on its editorial - not just its sports - page. Don't let them jinx you.

Best wishes and much fan love,

hawing

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is game number 5000 in the managing career of Ol' Asleep at the Wheel La Russa
Random note but my girlfriend's dad was LaRussa's lawyer in that case.

There is a joke in there somewhere but it is probably in really poor taste.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Just saw Lucroy at Chipotle. I guess he's getting geared up for the game with some burrito fuel.
He could be running an errand for Zach Greinke, remember

"I'd say the average person wouldn't eat a Chipotle burrito and

still do his running, full speed, like me. That's why they call me

special." -ZG

Weeks

Morgan

Braun

Fielder

McGehee

Hart

Counsell

Lucroy

Narveson

That's the lineup according to McCalvy. I really hope he just accidentally flip flopped Hart and McGehee. Otherwise this makes no sense.

EDIT: Nope, according to TH apparently it's because McGehee has hit Lohse better in his career than Hart. Ugh.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Weeks

Morgan

Braun

Fielder

McGehee

Hart

Counsell

Lucroy

Narveson

That's the lineup according to McCalvy. I really hope he just accidentally flip flopped Hart and McGehee. Otherwise this makes no sense.

EDIT: Nope, according to TH apparently it's because McGehee has hit Lohse better in his career than Hart. Ugh.

Agreed they should be flipped but I still like this lineup. It's the 8 position players I want on the field most.

4 for 13 (.308) for McGehee compared to 1 for 12 (.083) for Hart. I realize it's only one spot in the order but how can Roenicke think this is a big enough sample size to have any meaning?
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Verified Member
Wow, I like this lineup a lot. The Hart/McGehee thing really isn't a big deal, and with Lucroy batting 8th and Hart 6th we actually have a decent chance to score throughout the lineup. If Prince gets walked, then he gets walked. It's likely that Hart would have to be faced anyway in that scenario, unless it's always with 2 outs. If Casey happens to pull through, great, then Hart will have lots of guys on base for him and we'll be that much closer to the top of the order again. It's just great to see Yuni, Gomez, Kotsay, and Nieves all on the bench.

I'm hoping he breaks up a no-hitter with a bunt and then hits a walk-off in the ninth. That way he can shoot the arrows at Brewer teammates and have them fall down like bowling pins....errrrrr...cowboys.
Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Jungmann is pitching on ESPN vs Arizona State in a College World Series Super Regional matchup.... NOW

....looked good in the 1st inning inducing all weak groundouts ....one was a 32-bouncer to the 2B for an infield hit...

He looks very polished; the type of pitcher that should move very fast thru the Brewers system....throws "easy gas" with good downward movement....not a flamethrower but who cares because he locates his fastball & curve very well

Archived