Brewer Fanatic

Plush-isms

NYChez
Tony Plush just said "shoot" in the interview. How can he not know the game situation? How can he possibly be thinking his team is winning in the bottom of the 9th? Think about it...that's pretty far out there man! He wouldn't be batting if his team was up in the bottom of the 9th...that's game over Plush!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Plush just said "shoot" in the interview. How can he not know the game situation? How can he possibly be thinking his team is winning in the bottom of the 9th? Think about it...that's pretty far out there man! He wouldn't be batting if his team was up in the bottom of the 9th...that's game over Plush!
I think that he said that he thought it was the 8th inning. He reminds me a lot of Mickey Rivers both on the field and with his personality, and that's a good thing.

It had to have helped the pressure if he didn't know what the score was. I really love Morgan and what he's done so far. He's not flashy, just seems to play each game like it's his last. He's quickly becoming a fan favorite and a perfect fit for a town like Milwaukee.
So true about the lack of pressure. When the stats guys say there is no thing as a clutch hitter they should use Nyjer Morgan and this June 8th game as an example.

Statheads don't say there's no such thing as a clutch hitter. They say that stats haven't been able to identify clutch hitters. Stats can identify clutch situations, though, and this was certainly one of them. Counsell's single and stolen base certainly qualified as clutch, too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I present... Nyja Flav

http://i.imgur.com/mNiAu.png

Seeing as how you're obviously good with Photoshop, PLEASE show me Prince Fielder in full Mr. T. attire, including the mohawk and facial hair.

"I pity the fool that comes high and tight on Mr. P!"

He's a man playing a boy's game...

False, 100% false. Baseball has always been a man's game. It started as a game for adults and it has never stopped being one. Yes, boys play it as well, but only because they wish to emulate the adults who do it.

I'm not sure why people love this fallacious cliche so much but it is annoying.

It had to have helped the pressure if he didn't know what the score was. I really love Morgan and what he's done so far. He's not flashy, just seems to play each game like it's his last. He's quickly becoming a fan favorite and a perfect fit for a town like Milwaukee.
So true about the lack of pressure. When the stats guys say there is no thing as a clutch hitter they should use Nyjer Morgan and this June 8th game as an example.
The bottom of the 8th down by 2 with runners on is a clutch situation. Even if this were to prove anything it wouldn't be that somehow players have it easier when not in clutch situations.

He's a man playing a boy's game...

False, 100% false. Baseball has always been a man's game. It started as a game for adults and it has never stopped being one. Yes, boys play it as well, but only because they wish to emulate the adults who do it.

Fine, he's a boy playing a man's gamehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

In Prince's post-game interview, he couldn't recall what the big-run inning was exactly...this whole thing about Tony P not knowing it was the ninth isn't as big of a deal as some here think. These guys play a long season, I'm sure they process the games mentally different than fans.

Seeing as how you're obviously good with Photoshop, PLEASE show me Prince Fielder in full Mr. T. attire, including the mohawk and facial hair.

Challenge accepted. I think Prince even sported a mini-mohawk/fauxhawk for a while a year or two ago, so that could be a decent starting point.

I think this'll have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow, though.

EDIT: To anyone who uses Twitter & follows Nyjer, please get that Njya Flav pic to him. I'm begging you.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I just thought of something...Tony Plush reminds me of Flavor Flav with that big clock around his neck, gold teeth and a big "yeah boyyee!!"

That's too bad...I can't stand Flavor Flav. He always annoyed me and I never understood the big clocks. T. Plush, on the other hand, I can't get enough of.

That's too bad...I can't stand Flavor Flav. ... I never understood the big clocks. 

"A clock on my chest proves I don't fess" -Flava Flav, 1988

As for Flav in general, if Chuck D liked him, that's good enough for me.

Well maybe this was true in the days of George Davis and the Cincinnati Red Stockings, but nowadays, most likely when this phrase was coined, baseball is played by virtually all young boys in the United and many more in Japan and Latin America. Probably at least 100,000,000 boys play baseball every year and about ~5000 men play it professionally. So it does certainly make sense, most men are not professional baseball players.

That's too bad...I can't stand Flavor Flav. ... I never understood the big clocks.

"A clock on my chest proves I don't fess" -Flava Flav, 1988

As for Flav in general, if Chuck D liked him, that's good enough for me.

He was a pretty talented rapper back in the day and that is coming from someone who thinks most rappers have no talent at all. Chuck D was certainly the star of the band though.

Was Morgan responsible for the silver Elvis wig in Washington, or was that someone else?

Morgan tended to get the credit for it in the press, but I believe he said Adam Dunn actually thought of it, but Morgan actually went out and did it.

Edit: Looks like that's just one version. Here's a pretty entertaining article about it;

http://voices.washingtonp...elvis_wig_a_brief_h.html

PLEASE show me

Prince Fielder in full Mr. T. attire, including the mohawk and facial

hair.

http://i.imgur.com/7xV1g.png

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived