Brewer Fanatic

Plush-isms

NYChez

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's probably not all there... WOW.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Community Moderator
Unbelievable, legendary interview. This is at the level of "Chuckie hacks" but in a completely awesome way. He would have fit right in with the Indians in "Major League". I'm sure the "class enforcers" will get word of this, along with various other negative MLB pundits. But how can you not love the guy right now?

It makes sense why he was busting it to 2nd base.

Also, as impressive (if that's the right word) as Morgan was in the interview, "Core" was brilliant as the straight man. Perhaps the years working with Ueck have prepared him for the role he played in this classic interview. I don't think Bob Costas could have handled this interview as well.

Anyone know where I could find a video of any of his past interviews? I heard about one where he made the interviewer ask every question twice, once to Nyjer Morgan and once to Tony Plush.

Verified Member
I can't help but wonder how Nyjer Morgan and Ken Macha would have gotten along had Macha still been the manager here. I am not sure how much of the theatrics Macha would have tolerated.

He's probably not all there... WOW.

I really want to like the guy... and I think I do, but like NYChez said... a bit troubling.

Whatever, though, he's having fun, his teammates seem to really like him, so it's all good.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Holy cow!! I LOVE TONY PLUSH!!!! But you know what, over the course of a 162 game season, you can't take everything (or yourself) so seriously, so if he keeps everybody loose, and helps this team play the way it has over the last few weeks, I don't think anyone will complain!

Oh... my.... gosh... I've never seen or heard an interview quite like either of those. Is he putting on a show? Or does he really not know what's going on around him? Or both? As long as he keeps playing like he has been, he ban be as batty as he wants to be.

Verified Member
He's a man playing a boy's game and getting paid extremely well for it. There aren't many athlete's who realize that. It just so happens that the reason Plush doesn't realize it is because he never grew up! (I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing...)

I can't help but wonder how Nyjer Morgan and Ken Macha would have gotten along had Macha still been the manager here. I am not sure how much of the theatrics Macha would have tolerated.

He'd probably still be 'rehabbing', and on the DL- Macha probably would have Geruted him. I'm not sure that he would have tolerated any fun in the clubhouse.

Morgan undoubtedly enjoys being with a winning team for the first time in his career. Imagine spending your entire career with the Pirates and Nationals and now suddenly you are with a team with championship aspirations. Is he a little nuts? Maybe, but it's a long season and as long as it helps keep everyone else loose, that's great. I said it in another thread, getting a player of his ability, quirkiness and all, for Cutter Dykstra, is the most one-sided deal Melvin's pulled off in his tenure.

Morgan undoubtedly enjoys being with a winning team for the first time in his career. Imagine spending your entire career with the Pirates and Nationals and now suddenly you are with a team with championship aspirations.
This. He clearly enjoys being around high caliber players like Braun, Fielder, Hart, etc. I think most of his "attitude" problems last year were due to how terrible the Nats were. It must be quite refreshing to be on a team that's near the top of the standings instead of trawling at the bottom.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

From what I've always read, he's a big hit in the clubhouse. Several Pirates players were publicly upset when the Pirates traded him, and I remember reading he was a force of life in the Nationals clubhouse as well. He's quirky for sure, but you kinda have to admire a guy who is just so much enjoying playing the game of baseball, and working hard out there to boot.

I love the way he plays. He kinda has the goofy hockey player mentality and brings it to baseball.

I was thinking about his past last night, and have to think that coming to Milwaukee was a great move for him. Not to get all "Cardsy" here, but MKE fans love a guy who plays hard and shows emotion out there. Plush's brand of crazy works perfectly here.

It had to have helped the pressure if he didn't know what the score was. I really love Morgan and what he's done so far. He's not flashy, just seems to play each game like it's his last. He's quickly becoming a fan favorite and a perfect fit for a town like Milwaukee.

Archived