Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-08 Mets (Pelfrey) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers with a walk-off win, 7-6]

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walking around the dugout with his hand in the air... now shooting an arrow...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I just figured out what's the problem...

The Mets announcers just called their team "gritty".

We've been out-"grittied".

Of course we have. Counsell and Kotsay haven't played yet.

Ahhh, yes, Loe gets bailed out. Should have started this post with the clause "if the brewers go on to lose this game it will be Loe's 6th loss".

Great work counsel Morgan Braun fielder. But is there a stat tracked "blown leads or blown holds" regardless of the games outcome?

What is wrong with Morgan? I think he has mental issues.

He'd have to be crazy to be that good

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

I generally agree with not walking the bases loaded; it just seemed to make sense. They Brewers were already down one; if it was tied or they were trailing already I would agree that walkinh him would have been a bad idea. We were already losing; I would have taken the risk of walking in a run in exchange for the GIDP that Loe is usually pretty good at inducing.

O well, no harm no foul; we have a chance to steal a win and get Loe out of the 8th inning all in one night. Seems like a pretty positive outcome to me

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with this.

1 - technically that's true, one at bat doesn't really mean much for the others, HOWEVER, it can mean that a guy is seeing the ball well or seeing it poorly (take Prince now and Casey now as examples). He just as easily could have struck out or hit a HR but he had been hitting it well all night and has a very high average on the season as well, not to mention a PH was on deck.

It CAN mean lot's of things, but on average, it means nothing. That's what the facts say.
So you're saying that how a hitter is feeling at the plate has absolutely NOTHING to do with his next at bat? On pure math, sure that's absolutely true, but this isn't math. These are people. And how they're feeling, confidence levels, etc, DO have an effect.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this I guess. I just think that saying that you absolutely NEVER walk the bases loaded is not a factual statement.

Polish Falcons wrote:

Ahhh, yes, Loe gets bailed out. Should have started this post with the clause "if the brewers go on to lose this game it will be Loe's 6th loss".

Great work counsel Morgan Braun fielder. But is there a stat tracked "blown leads or blown holds" regardless of the games outcome?

I believe blown saves is the stat you're looking for.

What is wrong with Morgan? I think he has mental issues.

He'd have to be crazy to be that good

Morgan has to much money to be considered crazy. He is eccentric.

Nyjer Morgan's swagger talent> Mark Kotsay's grit

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Verified Member
Wow! 6 hrs in 6 games is pretty good.
Actually it's 7 in 7.
No, I think it's 6 in 6. He has 3 in 2 games in this series and had 3 in 4 games vs Florida. He didn't hit one in the final game vs Cincinnati.

Agh, you're right. I looked it up earlier before your post and I didn't notice that tonights game was part of the last ten shown on his player page, so I counted his earlier one twice.

Betancourt...what the #$)(#@)$ are you thinking? Tie game, best base stealer on first base, he goes and has it easily and you swing at the first pitch? That is just stupid, stupid baseball. You have to be smarter than that. Give him the take sign for crying out loud.

Is it even possible for Axford to have ONE inning without a base runner? Sure doesn't seem like it lately. Gotta get up to bat with it still tied here.

I just noticed, Ax rarely has the same arm slot... sometimes he's over the top, sometimes he's 5-10 degrees off center, that's probably what his control issues are related to this season.

When he comes over the top he locates his FB and CB pretty well.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Betancourt...what the #$)(#@)$ are you thinking? Tie game, best base stealer on first base, he goes and has it easily and you swing at the first pitch? That is just stupid, stupid baseball. You have to be smarter than that. Give him the take sign for crying out loud.
He isn't. We know this. We have known this even before the season started. He swings at everything. A friend of mine said YunE-6 made up his mind to swing before the pitch was thrown. I don't think he was far off.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived