Brewer Fanatic

Why is McGehee struggling

We are all guessing here, so my guess is it's mainly just a mental issue.

I won't claim to know at all what it's like to play baseball on a professional level, but i played through high school and i know that whenever i went into slumps, it got into my head and it made me feel uncomfortable at the plate. My batting stance suddenly would feel awkward instead of normal. I'd even notice my hands on the bat, where as i wouldn't notice that when things were going well. This lead to me not just focusing on the pitch. There would just be an overall awkwardness feeling at the plate even though i had hit so many times in my life.

I was a sports fanatic through my teens and played both baseball and basketball in high school, baseball though more so than other sports i found to be more mental, especially hitting. When i was up at the plate in a bad stretch and feeling uncomfortable, it really sucked and i'd feel near desperate for at least some good luck for a few balls i'd hit to find holes.

Looks to me like he's a guy that has to decide to pull or go opposite field before his swing starts. His "adjustments" in the past has been lumping together strings of AB's doing one or the other. Pitchers have figured that out.

This is deja vu of Hardys 09 when we sent him down in august. We definitely can't go the whole year with him and yuni hitting at .220

No kidding. I don't know if Melvin is just sitting on his hands or what. It's time to do something about the horrible production of the bottom half of the order.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think Melvin is just sitting there hoping they pick it up, but it's probably around the time where he's starting to realize he needs a solution. He's not stupid. We're in a race this year, so he'll do something to improve the team if it's there. I think he was hoping he'd get something out of Yuni, which didn't happen. He probably also thinks McGehee is still the player he was last year, which is still possible. I have more hope for McGehee than I do Betancourt. Melvin at least needs to improve the SS position. We can't afford to have 2 guys struggling this bad. One can be covered up, but not 2.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

What is Melvin going to do? He already emptied the minor leagues, is he going to trade Davis and Thornburg as well?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I still think that he has lost some pop due to the new roid testing. If there ever was a Brewer to look at Casey would be that guy for me.

I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest statements I've read all year. They've been testing in some way for almost ten years now, with the current penalties for about 6 years. Just because someone had a season and a half of power and is now having a bad year does not mean they were on steroids. If that was the case, Jose Bautista should be tested every day.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived