Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-07 Mets (Capuano) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 2-1]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marcum looks like crap tonight. Can't put anyone away.

Ended up being 6 shutout with only 2 hits (4 walks tho). Although you are right, he didnt really have that put away pitch he usually does.. only 1 strikeout

Come on Crew, this have been a boring game so far! get some runs for Marcum!

Is it just me or has umpiring been even worse than usual this year? It seems like umps have been blowing an easy call in every recent Brewers game and have been calling some pretty suspect strike zones...

I don't put full faith in Foxtrax, K-Zone nd the like but having them on every boradcast now does the umps no favors. It used to be you just thought the umps were blowing it. Now you have what purports to be objective evidence on your screen virtually every pitch reinforcing that notion.

I loved what Estrada did for this team earlier in the year, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe keeping McClendon up might have been a better move while sending Estrada down to get steady starts every 5 days. If somebody goes on the DL the Crew will need him in that role again. Only problem with keeping McClendon up/Estrada down is that you then really have nobody available to make a spot start in teh event you need one. (All assuming Estrada has options available).

Archived