Brewer Fanatic

So.....it's June. How about some promotions?

paul253
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Since Chris is linking to this thread, I figured I would returnthe favor.

• I saw somewhere that Thornburg is dominating 18 and 19 year olds in the Midwest League. For grins, here are the ages of the Chiefs in their starting lineup for game one: 21, 22, 22, 25, 23, 23, 21, 19, 19.
  • Oh, and the 19 year olds in this game against Thornburg: 1-for-2
    with a double and three of the walks that Thornburg issued on the night.
  • Look, he’ll move up when he moves up? Patience. All we need is just a little patience.

"Look, he’ll move up when he moves up? Patience. All we need is just a little patience."

He'll move up when he moves up. That's very intuitive. The question is when. Before he turns 23? When he has 15 starts in a row giving up 2 runs or less (he's at 9 right now)? When he starts going full games without walking someone? When? What more does he have to do in low A ball to convince the organization that he should try pitching against more advanced hitters? I am the only one getting really frustrated by this?

No. Thornburg is pretty clearly ready to be challenged. If you're going to draft college arms, I believe you also have to be ready to challenge them.

But I think AndThat is right that Thornburg is being kept with the club for the first-half postseason chase. I can't remember which thread he mentioned that in, but iirc it was him.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So I finally got my wish with Ross and Thornburg moving up to BC. I'd like to see a few more moves (Kamatsu, Kh. Davis) but I'm definitely interested in seeing how Thornburg performs in BC.

Archived