Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Transactions

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RHP Eric Marzec, who pitched well in a two-game cameo with Nashville, will go back down as expected but still nets a promotion overall, heading to BC rather than Wisconsin. Making room for Marzec, C Sean McCraw was released.

Per the Brewers news feed Jorge Lopez (2) and Michael Reed (5) have signed

Fantastic news! Jungmann and Bradley wait ladt minute (Bauer only top pitcher who cares more bout career than failure bonus). Lets hope Brewers land another top 100 talent in Carlos Rodon next. Also Smith would be nice. McFarland i really doubt signs.

Per Jim Callis via twitter, Reed receives 500k signing bonus, 161K slot I believe. Also notes intriging power speed arm combo

Yeah, if we get to see Lopez in Wisconsin in 2012 id be shocked. They will Odorizzi him, except Jake signed earlier. Expect full year in Wisconsin in 2013 then depending on where he is at in 2014 they may start to promote him mid season. From watching him you can see how raw he is. They will take there time. Even on schedule above, he is be a young 21-22 in AA.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Rattlers Media Notes:

TRANSACTIONS: LHP Charly Bashara has been placed on the disabled list. INF Brandon Macias (stats), a non-drafted free agent out of the University of Kansas, has joined the Timber Rattlers from the Arizona League affiliate of the Brewers for Saturday night's game.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This won't be confusing -- the Brewers go to the same independent league club that gave them promising LHP Alan Williams (stats) and similarly issue a first-affiliated contract to RHP Mark Williams.

WILD THINGS' MARK WILLIAMS SIGNS WITH MILWAUKEE BREWERSThe Washington Wild Things, presented by Washington Financial, announced they sold the contract of Mark Williams to the Milwaukee Brewers.

“We’re really pleased to see Mark move up,” said Darin Everson, manager of the Wild Things. We signed him out of our post-draft try-out. We recognized his arm strength, and we were convinced he would be great.”

In his last four outings Williams has allowed no runs, no hits, and he’s struck out eight players.

“I hit a rough stretch when I signed with the Wild Things,” said Williams. “But with the help of Mark Dewey, I began to develop into the kind of pitcher I wanted to be. Jhonny Montoya even helped me because we’re so similar in style.”

According to Everson, “I was certain that if Mark found his zone, he’d have a good shot at making it to affiliated ball. If you look at his last six or so outings, you can see how much he has developed. Mark Dewey did a great job in showing him how to command the zone. We actually had three teams looking at him. The Brewers’ scout had seen him at Marietta and saw how he had found the zone…he signed him immediately.”

Williams will report to Milwaukee this week for his team physical. At that point he will be assigned to a team.

“We’re really going to miss Mark, but we’re thrilled for him, and we wish him the best as he continues to improve and hopefully will rise up the ladder to the Major Leagues,” added Everson.

Two other Wild Things’ pitchers’ contracts (Alan Williams and Vidal Nuno) were sold to affiliated teams earlier this year.

Video report here.

Here is an informative press release from this spring when Williams signed with the independent league Wild Things.

Marietta College Player Profile Page***

Williams turns 22 years old on Friday.

All about the power arm -- pro stats from Washington (PA).

At Division II Marietta this past spring:

1.59 ERA, 79 IP, 48 H, 23 BB, 97 K, .173 BAA

Archived