Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Transactions

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Chris Mehring indicates in the Timber Rattler Media Notes:

Pitcher Del Howell has been transferred from the Timber Rattlers to the Arizona League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Here are the numbers on the soon-to-be 24-year-old southpaw, who will hope to straighten things out in Maryvale.

That move now gets the Wisconsin roster down to the 25-man limit.

Per his agent's tweet, Khris Davis has been promoted to Huntsville

And there was much rejoicing!

Just after I was knocking him because the Brewers were so slow to promote him (implying they don't like him that much)!

Boy, the Brewers sure do look down on Wily Peralta. Can't imagine him EVER being promoted.

I really hope Davis isn't on Melvin's list!

I'll be looking forward to seeing how well he hits at AA. This will be a good true test of his talent level. Hopefully he's raking in AAA in 2012 and starting in MLB in 2013 (Braun to 1B or RF, Hart traded)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just after I was knocking him because the Brewers were so slow to promote him (implying they don't like him that much)!

That was one of the bigger holes in my argument that he is a legit prospect. Now, I'll tackle proving to you that all of Kurt Warner's success was due to spending a ST in Green Bay... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Mitch Stetter's Nashville rehab assignment formally ended Friday the 22nd, according to the Sounds' media notes, and his status is back on hold -- many of you probably saw Tom H.'s note last night:

Roenicke also revealed that left-handed reliever Mitch Stetter still had problems with a hip injury that landed him on the DL earlier this season and went to (Dr. William) Raasch to be examined. Surgery remained a possibility with that injury.

Per Milwaukee Brewers Transactions site- Chase Wright has been signed and been assigned to AAA Nashville. Milwaukee Brewers transactions page

Thats odd. He has been pitching for Nashville nearly all season (save for a short stint at AA).

Per Milwaukee Brewers Transactions site- Chase Wright has been signed and been assigned to AAA Nashville. Milwaukee Brewers transactions page

Thats odd. He has been pitching for Nashville nearly all season (save for a short stint at AA).

He was released on 7/14.

Per Nicholas Allen of the Helena Brewers, Nick Ramirez has been promoted to Wisconsin.

Following the contest, Helena first baseman and reigning Pioneer League

Player of the Week, Nick Ramirez was promoted to the Wisconsin Timber

Rattlers of the Midwest (class-A) League. The fourth-round pick of

Milwaukee batted .369 with 8 homers, 30 RBI in 22 games including a

stretch of five straight days with a home run.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was prompted to go back and look at the draft day comments on Ramirez. Nearly all were negative based on some scout's commenting he was a product of metal bats.

So you have concluded definitively that this isn't the case?

I think most that post here understand that scouting is not an exact science and that draft pundits are often wrong. Its also the only information we have to go on unless we are lucky enough to see people in person. People here are also willing and able to gradually change their opinions once real data starts coming in. We're about to get the first trickle of real data on Ramirez.

Thank goodness Ramirez was promoted. I was thinking I might have to bite my pillow today.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived