Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Transactions

Per an Adam McCalvy tweet, "Scarpetta/Rogers awarded 4th options."

That's good news for the Brewers. They may be important depth.

While there are many "make or break" prospects for the Brewers in 2012, no one is up against the clock more so than these two. Personally, I think we are going to end up with at least one outstanding bullpen arm out of the two. Scarpetta's stuff would be particularly wicked out of the 'pen.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

LHP Victor Garate signed.

Although I haven't been as wordy here on the forums, I've still been trying to keep up with various updates for folks via Twitter, including posting links in the past few days re: the new AAA and AA broadcasters. You can catch up on those posts here, so you may follow me or if you don't want to jump on the Twitter bandwagon, you can add that last link to your favorites and check in on it from time to time.

C Paul Phillips signed

Text from MLBTR: The Brewers announced that they signed catcher Paul Phillips to a minor league deal that includes an invitation to MLB Spring Training. The 34-year-old has MLB experience with the White Sox, Royals and Rockies. He spent the 2011 season with the Indians' top affiliate, posting a .237./281/.305 line.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not exactly a transaction, but per Adam McCalvy...

Brewers left-handed pitching prospect Dan Meadows wrote on Twitter this morning that he’d been invited to Major League Spring Training camp as a non-roster player. He would be the fourth non-roster pitcher to get an invitation, joining recently-signed lefty Juan Perez and 2011 first-round Draft picks Jed Bradley and Taylor Jungmann.

Meadows, 24, made 40 relief appearances and one start between Double-A Huntsville and Triple-A Nashville last season with a 2.68 ERA. He does not overpower hitters, but he’s had a strikeouts to walks ratio of more than three to one in each of the past three seasons. Meadows’ nickname is Thunder Dan, a fact among many that he revealed last summer in a fun piece from the Sounds’ website.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived