Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Transactions

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

19-year-old Venezuelan infielder Alejandro Mendoza (stats), a 2nd year pro, makes his stateside debut today. The slight Mendoza (5'11", 156) has been transferred from the DSL squad to reinforce the Maryvale roster.

Given his numbers, it may be more of a reward for effort (or perhaps even developing his English skills), or a matter of overall maturity and readiness for the U.S. experience.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From Brevard County Media Relations:

OF Chris Dennis has been placed on the temporary inactive list at Brevard County.

C Mike Roberts has been reinstated from the DL. He will be active for the Manatees today at Dunedin for their double header.

Reminder --

TEMPORARY INACTIVE LIST- This list is used only during the season for short absences and may be used at the team's discretion for bereavement leave, family events which require a player to be away from his team, or other non-injury related reasons.. Players placed on the temporary inactive list must remain on the list for a minimum of three consecutive days.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
how about peralta to AAA to fill in for fdlc...fingers crossed
Huntsville Media Relations:

JACKSON, Tenn. – The Milwaukee Brewers have made a pair of roster moves that will impact their Double-A affiliate Huntsville Stars prior to tonight’s series opener at Jackson. RHP Wily Peralta has been promoted to Triple-A Nashville. Additionally, LHP Chase Wright has been transferred to Huntsville from Nashville.

Peralta is 9-7 with a 3.46 ERA in 21 starts this season at the Double-A level. He was named the Southern League’s Pitcher of the Week for July 25 – August 1 and the Brewers’ Minor League Pitcher of the Month for July. In 119.2 innings pitched, Peralta has recorded 117 strikeouts and allowed just 48 walks while keeping batters to a .243 average. In the month of July, Peralta went 4-0 with a 0.66 ERA in six starts. He struck out 38 in 41.0 innings. Peralta was signed by the Brewers as a non-drafted free agent on November 26, 2005.

In 21 appearances with the Sounds, Wright is 5-6 with a 6.07 ERA. He’s struck out 44 batters in 75.2 innings pitched. Wright started the season with the Stars, making two appearances (5.0 IP, 1 ER). Wright was drafted by the New York Yankees in the third round of the 2001 First-Year Player Draft.

With these moves, the Stars active roster stays at 24 with three on the DL.

The Stars start a ten-game road trip with five games against the Jackson Generals (Double-A Seattle Mariners) tonight. Wright will take the mound for the Stars against RHP Kenn Kasparek.

Narveson is going to have a competition for that #5 spot next year. Might also make him expendable via trade. Brewers pitching prospects don't look to bad if Peralta continues to progress for a 2012 callup and Thornburg for 2013. Neither are probably #1 starters but both could be very useful and could compliment Gallardo and possible Marcum and/or Grienke quite well

fondy, I think that's premature to say. We have no glaring holes to fill for next year, so dealing a member of our rotation doesn't make sense. Narvy is cheap, effective, and under contract for a few more years. If we don't keep Wolf, Marcum, and Greinke after '12, we'd regret trading Narvy

Narveson is going to have a competition for that #5 spot next year. Might also make him expendable via trade.
I would hate to trade away a starter and end up rotating AAAA pitchers or overpaying for an aging FA. We better get something too good to pass up to trade away a starter.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Catcher Rafael Neda, the 2010 10th round pick who was sidelined with a head injury (initially back on April 14th) was activated from the Brevard County DL, and then transferred to the Maryvale Rookie squad.

Neda did make one rehab appearance with the Arizona club back on June 29th, but then was sidelined since.

We're not sure if the head injury was the sole cause of his absence from start to finish; if so, that's a scary long absence.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

My new job is to officially state that we (I) are unaware of the specifics behind something, and then wait two minutes for my co-staffers Toby and/or Eric to fill in the blanks.

Glad I can be of assistance! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Thanks!

Brewer Fanatic Staff
We're not sure if the head injury was the sole cause of his absence from start to finish; if so, that's a scary long absence.
It was not. Neda suffered a hand injury around the same time as his last AZL appearance.

Thanks to one our readers / posters, I should have remembered this earlier post which confirmed Toby's note.

Archived