Brewer Fanatic

Roll Call for Wrigley

ilovebeer
last year i went on a thursday afternoon and we parked on the street about a mile from wrigley. makes it easier to leave after the game too.

We did that for a day game a few years ago. IIRC, at that time many streets had permits required after 5 or something, so would not work for night game...or if it is a long game.

Not being tailgaters, we do the same here, park ~1 mile away and take about a 20 minute walk. Avoids parking charges and the bottlenecks getting out of the Miller lots (and the cheaper parking is about 1/2 mile walk, anyway).

I live here (Chicago) and I really recommend not driving directly to stadium. If it is a day game, it is awful leaving. A night game is miserable to drive to because of traffic. I recommend to either hop on Metra in Kenosha and transfer to red line at Davis Street in Evanston to Addison. Or you can drive to any red line stop (check stops on Chicago CTA website) and park nearby and take train to game.

If you absolutely must drive. Take Irving Park exit east to Thorek Hospital (LHS...about 3 miles after you exit freeway after Sheffield Avenue) and park in their lot or in that surrounding neighborhood. You then have about a ten minute walk south along Sheffield straight to Wrigs. Irving Park a far better route than Addison because Addison two lanes most of the way and a ton of red stoplights.

I live here (Chicago) and I really recommend not driving directly to stadium. If it is a day game, it is awful leaving. A night game is miserable to drive to because of traffic. I recommend to either hop on Metra in Kenosha and transfer to red line at Davis Street in Evanston to Addison. Or you can drive to any red line stop (check stops on Chicago CTA website) and park nearby and take train to game.

If you absolutely must drive. Take Irving Park exit east to Thorek Hospital (LHS...about 3 miles after you exit freeway after Sheffield Avenue) and park in their lot or in that surrounding neighborhood. You then have about a ten minute walk south along Sheffield straight to Wrigs. Irving Park a far better route than Addison because Addison two lanes most of the way and a ton of red stoplights.

FYI, the transfer at Davis is to the Purple line, which then requires another transfer to the Red Line at Howard. However, with the night games you are probably better off taking the Purple Line Express since I think it makes a direct run from Evanston to Addison.

I guess I would say the easiest way is to still drive to the Yellow Line just off the Edens at Dempster St. Be careful parking at the redline stops north of Adison as some of them aren't in the best neighborhoods.

I second bobskube's idea of taking Irving Park over Addison if you are driving. Some people would also suggest to take Sheridan to LSD, but it is under construction right now so that is absolutely not an option.

I guess I would say the easiest way is to still drive to the Yellow Line just off the Edens at Dempster St. Be careful parking at the redline stops north of Adison as some of them aren't in the best neighborhoods.

Agreed. Dempster St is a safe area. I always park there and never have any problems.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Going to Thursdays game. Sec 201.

Can't pass this up I love to experience new ballparks I have never been to.

Where's everyone hanging out before/after the game? Good bars around the Stadium that are somewhat Brewer friendly?

Going to Thursdays game. Sec 201.

Can't pass this up I love to experience new ballparks I have never been to.

Where's everyone hanging out before/after the game? Good bars around the Stadium that are somewhat Brewer friendly?

This is my 6th annual trip to Wrigley. My group has expanded to 14 Brewers fans + 1 Cub fan for this year. We will be at Murphy's as that bar has been our best experience. Plus we have bleacher seats and it is close to our entrance.

Dempster Street is way up in Skokie. That'd be quite a home run. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If you absolutely must drive. Take Irving Park exit east to Thorek Hospital (LHS...about 3 miles after you exit freeway after Sheffield Avenue) and park in their lot or in that surrounding neighborhood.
Do you know if the streets around there are permit parking at night? I've parked near there on Sheridan but that was for a day game.

Fyi, the purple express takes you directly from Howard to Sheridan for Cubs games. It will be probably 15 minutes faster than the red line. I just saw a bunch of people in Brewers gear waiting on the Howard platform as my express just left. Sorry if that was a bf. Netter, I had no way to let you know.

All parking in the immediate area is permit only after 5pm for Cubs night games (6pm on nights when the Cubs don't play). On Monday, I parked in the $6 lot at DeVry University on Addison that includes free shuttle rides to and from the game for everyone in your vehicle. I got out of there in a hurry after the game, and getting on one of the first couple buses back, we didn't hit much traffic. (The bus actually took Irving Park Road, not Addison, back to DeVry). I'd recommend that for anyone going Wednesday night, as its cheaper than the train and seemed more convenient to me. The one downside is that you'll hit traffic if you take Addison on the way in to DeVry. The shuttle doesn't run for weekday games, but street parking is allowed without permits than anyways, so that's an option for people going on Thursday.

Archived