Brewer Fanatic

Roll Call for Wrigley

ilovebeer

Thinking about maybe going to the day game via the Hiawatha...never taken it before. How far is the train station from Wrigley?

It will drop you off in the west loop. From there its a 5-10 minute walk to the redline, then a 20 minute trip up to the Addison stop. I would say total trip time would be under 40 minutes with waiting for the train on the platform and getting out of Union. Thousands of people do it every game since the trains from the suburbs go to the same station.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll be there Tuesday. And yes, Cubs fans have finally turned on their team. Tix can be had for CHEAP. Let's fill the place with Brewer fans!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'll be there Tuesday. And yes, Cubs fans have finally turned on their team. Tix can be had for CHEAP. Let's fill the place with Brewer fans!

$7 will get you a seat in the middle of the summer. It's crazy cheap down there right now.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would go down gameday and buy from a street vendor. You can most likely get below face if you are willing to miss the first inning or two.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

$7 will get you a seat in the middle of the summer. It's crazy cheap down there right now.

I have't seen them nearly that cheap yet if you want to get them ahead of time. Like someone else said, prices will of course drop after an inning or two. Your best value right now seems to be to buy decent seats since a lot of corporations or people with season tix are selling the better stuff for dramatically lower prices.

If you are headed down from WI stop at Wills before or after the game. Its a WI themed bar just south of Belmont on Racine, so a little more than half a mile from the stadium. On the walk up Sheffield you will pass Redmonds, another WI bar, though not a Brewer bar. Trust me, you will feel a lot better about paying for overpriced beer at those places than Goose Island or Barleycorn.

I'm headed down on Thursday. I do have a question though...

I'll be coming from the Madison area, and someone once told me that there was a train northwest of the city that they hopped on and it took them to right near Wrigley. Does anyone know the location of this train? Or any other helpful hints? I've been down to Wrigley a few times, but I just don't feel like dealing with rush hour on the way home! Thanks a lot!

DMiles, You are probably referring to the Yellow Line. Terminal is at 5005 Dempster St in Skokie. Line ends @ the Howard St station in Evanston, where you transfer to the Red Line. Red Line will take you right to the stadium. For a top notch sandwich (pricey, but also huge) to eat on the ride, stop by Kauffman's, a Jewish deli just east of the station in Skokie.

To answer the original post, I'm going Tue and Wed. For Tuesday, just bought a pair of decent non-obstructed seats in the 200 level for $10 ea, inc. handing fees, on StubHub.

For those unfamiliar, there are plenty of bad seats at Wrigley. Check out this site for explanations of the different areas:

http://www.wrigleyfieldseating.com/

Dmiles - "L" train info is here: http://www.transitchicago.com/[/url]

I don't think the "L" goes far enough to really avoid all the traffic.

Metra train info is here (but don't think any stops are near Wrigley): http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home.html

It'll be Thursday's game for me. Driving to a friend's near downtown and taking "L" from back from there. He got tickets from the team some time ago, 6th row on 400 level behind the plate.

BTW, Thursday has Cubs Sunglasses for the first 10,000 fans...yippee http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif.

I have't seen them nearly that cheap yet if you want to get them ahead of time.
It's 7.99 before fees and stuff on stubhub right now.

http://www.stubhub.com/ch...ewers-6-14-2011-1005103/

That being said, if you want them for exactly $7, day off you will get them at that price. Probably won't have to wait till first pitch either. Those guys are giving them away.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Anyone have any parking tips near Wrigley? I realize parking your car near the stadium is generally not the best option, but I was considering going to the game on Monday and getting there real early (12pm-ish) to get autographs as the players arrive. So if anyone knows of any good places where I could park all day and throughout the game, please share. Thanks.

I'm headed down on Thursday. I do have a question though...

I'll be coming from the Madison area, and someone once told me that there was a train northwest of the city that they hopped on and it took them to right near Wrigley. Does anyone know the location of this train? Or any other helpful hints? I've been down to Wrigley a few times, but I just don't feel like dealing with rush hour on the way home! Thanks a lot!
The Union Pacific/Northwest Line(METRA) in Harvard Il(just south of the WI border) will take you to all the way into town(bout a 1.75 hr ride, depending on stops), but i would recommend getting off at the Irving Park stop(15 mins shorter) and taking the Irving Park East bus to Clark, then just walk 4 blocks south. Otherwise you can drive down to the Blue Line(CTA) at O'Hare, go downtown and transfer to the redline(Get off at addison), but that's around a 35 min ride or so.

Personally, if you are looking for an easy way, i'd take the blue line to the redline and up to addison. It's easy, and both Blue and Red lines run 24/hrs(no other lines run past 2am on weekdays, and the NW line shuts down at 12:30am), so if you feel like hitting up the bar scene after the game, you don't have to worry about missing the last train to harvard. Also, minimal traffic(compared to driving all the way in to downtown) once you get out towards O'hare.

Anyone have any parking tips near Wrigley? I realize parking your car

near the stadium is generally not the best option, but I was considering

going to the game on Monday and getting there real early (12pm-ish) to

get autographs as the players arrive. So if anyone knows of any good

places where I could park all day and throughout the game, please share.

Thanks.

Honestly? Parking there is overpriced. I'd park at a CTA train stop(i'd stop at the yellow line if you are coming from Milwaukee, it's a nice neighborhood and the farthest north stop), and take the train in. As long as you paid for the parking spot there($3 all day, IIRC), you are good to go.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Anyone have any parking tips near Wrigley? I realize parking your car near the stadium is generally not the best option, but I was considering going to the game on Monday and getting there real early (12pm-ish) to get autographs as the players arrive. So if anyone knows of any good places where I could park all day and throughout the game, please share. Thanks.

We went to a weekday afternoon game ~3 years ago and parked behind a Taco Bell for like $15-20. This was just a couple blocks away from Wrigley. That was in April, though, and I don't know how much the area has changed since then.

Archived